Odds on who joins the Big 10 and SEC

This argument no longer makes sense. What is it? TV market? AAU requirement? School's present fan base? It's not a moving target.

This argument no longer makes sense. What is it? TV market? AAU requirement? School's present fan base? It's not a moving target.
I’ve been consistent. TV money drives the train and the B1G has been historically consistent that AAU membership is critical. I’ve never mentioned fan or alumni base.

All you need to do is follow what Delany did or tried to accomplish
  • Add NY and DC TV markets to drive value to BTN
  • Attempt to add Texas in 2015
  • Prioritize AAU to appease Presidents and Chancellors
  • Make a run at ND
Adding USC & UCLA follow the same playbook

THe drive now is whatever makes most money. It's all about what will add to the bottom line

I see CA Governor Newsom is injecting himself into UCLA moving to the B1G and threatening some kind of action.

I see CA Governor Newsom is injecting himself into UCLA moving to the B1G and threatening some kind of action.
Sounds more like he's a UCLA fan who's butthurt they are leaving Pac-12 and as gov he thought he should have got to know before it was annoucned so going to use his power to try to cause issues.

Sounds more like he's a UCLA fan who's butthurt they are leaving Pac-12 and as gov he thought he should have got to know before it was annoucned so going to use his power to try to cause issues.
Nope.

From what I understand is that they needed to give advance notice about their intent to leave the PAC 12. How well that argument holds up who knows and what is the consequences

Nope.

From what I understand is that they needed to give advance notice about their intent to leave the PAC 12. How well that argument holds up who knows and what is the consequences
I don't think Newsome has a leg to stand on in this argument. But, that's just my opinion.

Nope.

Nothing will be done to stop them from Moving. Newsom is is crying bitter tears

I don't think Newsome has a leg to stand on in this argument. But, that's just my opinion.
Agree. He can't force UCLA to stay in a crapy Pac-12 conf

Back