Odds on who joins the Big 10 and SEC

They haven't actually left yet, so I'd assume their announcement that they were joining the Big 10 would have been giving them notice. It's just a ploy to try to keep the entire California group of schools together. I'd bet he'd be smiling ear to ear, if they announced that Cal and Stanford were also going to be added.

Newsom is on the California Board of Regents that oversees all those schools.
He’s irritated that UCLA gave no advance notice of intentions, though I think part of this is preening on his part, there may also be a part that has substance.
UCLA wants out because they are $100M in the red and the B1G is their way out of that hole.
As pack always says, “follow the money.”

They haven't actually left yet, so I'd assume their announcement that they were joining the Big 10 would have been giving them notice. It's just a ploy to try to keep the entire California group of schools together. I'd bet he'd be smiling ear to ear, if they announced that Cal and Stanford were also going to be added.
Note that he only cited UCLA which is part of the state system. USC is a private institution which he has no authority over.

Newsom is on the California Board of Regents that oversees all those schools.
He’s irritated that UCLA gave no advance notice of intentions, though I think part of this is preening on his part, there may also be a part that has substance.
UCLA wants out because they are $100M in the red and the B1G is their way out of that hole.
As pack always says, “follow the money.”
Yep Pac-12 can't afford to help fund like B1G can Newsom should be happy this is happening

Note that he only cited UCLA which is part of the state system. USC is a private institution which he has no authority over.
Yeah but bet he's pissed about both but since he can't do anything with USC he leaves them out

Back