Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

IF ML can work hard on the screen game and play action pass game in OTA and training camp I feel like we have a decent shot. This offense can work well with newer untested QB, SF proved that last year.

I am still more worried about Berry's bend and break defense myself.
Do you think ML is equivalent to Kyle Shanahan as a play caller? I don't. How he is as a developer of QBs is yet to be seen. Also the amount of talent on the rest of the team in GB isn't what SF is on either side of the ball.

Packers Have One of NFL’s Worst Skill-Position Groups​

Lots of truth there.. Packers fans are obviously high on Watson, and there is certainly reason to be optimistic there, but he hasn't done more than show flashes so far. He hasn't been healthy though to do a lot more than that. Is he going to be healthy? How does he respond if he's the #1??

Lots of truth there.. Packers fans are obviously high on Watson, and there is certainly reason to be optimistic there, but he hasn't done more than show flashes so far. He hasn't been healthy though to do a lot more than that. Is he going to be healthy? How does he respond if he's the #1??
I would say their skill groups are "inexperienced" and maybe "unproven." To say they are bad or "the worst" is disingenuous.

I think GB is going to surprise people 8-10 win season. The stupid talking media heads act like Rodgers was the end all be all of this team and without him GB will win like 3-4 games.

I think GB is going to surprise people 8-10 win season. The stupid talking media heads act like Rodgers was the end all be all of this team and without him GB will win like 3-4 games.
i'm not sure which talking heads you've been listening to, but i have yet to see any legit sports journalist project 3-4 wins. in fact most of them are not far off from your projection. on average, what i have seen is 7-9 wins and battling it out with detroit for the division crown.

It's okay we don't have Rodgers and it's also okay that folks think we aren't going to be very good in May, we just went through a long cycle of 2 HOF QB. It will be good for the fan base to maybe get humble again and maybe lose some of the band wagon types we picked up a long the way too. Just my tc(

I think 8 wins is probably on the upper end of the "probable" range. Possible to go higher, sure, but not probable. IMO, what you saw last year was a team built needing All Pro level QB play to be successful, and for various reasons, they didn't get it. But, saying the QB play was awful isn't fair either. Awful compared to what we have been used to seeing, sure, but not compared to the rest of the league. It needed to be at 2020-2021 levels to be successful, and it wasn't. The reality is, he ranked middle of the pack (anywhere from 12-14 by most sites I looked at), and that wasn't enough.

However, thinking Love is going to step in day 1 and be even that productive from the get-go is certainly a little on the optimistic side of the outlook. Could he be that good or better? Yes, but it's certainly a very optimistic outlook given the small sample size we have seen so far. I HOPE the QB play is better this year, but I also expect growing pains in year 1 as a starter especially early. Overall, this roster is not better than last year's roster, and last year it wasn't good.

How many rants did we have in Shoutbox and on here about how bad that team was last year? Defense, WR play, OL play, QB play.. With honesty, how many of those facets of the game are going to be better this year?? Any of them?? Add a kicker in there as an unknown that we haven't seriously worried about forever. With the cap being what it is, any improvements coming in those areas are primarily from guys who were already on the roster stepping up, and some help hopefully from the draft.

With a first-year starter at QB, you'd like to have some proven veterans in the WR group to help him out. 3 of the top 5 receivers off last year's roster are not on the team, and the "experienced" guys are 2 2nd year receivers that need to probably both double their production from last year, with a new starting QB. Lot's of optimism with that group, but it's based on flashes from last year. I don't hate this process, I love it, but my expectations for year 1 aren't being competitive and competing for a division title, IMO that's just not realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Look. The chances of us winning 8-10 games in Love's first year is not great.

Our defense is average at best. They are inconsistent. We have holes at Safety, no depth at CB, a very average defensive line that has not stopped the run in 10 years, and a HC that kept an inept defense coordinator.

Our WR's are young and have hardly no experience. We have two rookie TE's. Our offensive line is average to below, IMO. These media members saying we have a top 10 o-line are kidding themselves. RB is the strongest part of the team yet we have a RB that is almost 30 and a 2nd RB that has been inconsistent the last 3 years.

In 2 years could this team have some weapons on offense and a defense that is formidable? Maybe but that all remains to be seen. We all know Gute's drafting has been average at best.

If Love's first season is 25 TD's and 13-15 INTs, I would be ecstatic and that would mean we might win 7-8 games. If he has 18 TD's and 10-13 INT year (which I think is more likely) then I could definitely see this team being a 4 win team.

Our defense is average at best. They are inconsistent. We have holes at Safety, no depth at CB, a very average defensive line that has not stopped the run in 10 years, and a HC that kept an inept defense coordinator.
This bit IMO is going to be the boogeyman all season, it's going to color the conversation around Love as well. "He can't get in a rhythm because the D can't get off the field", "they're having to play catch up because they can't hold a lead or get a stop".

Back