Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

This bit IMO is going to be the boogeyman all season, it's going to color the conversation around Love as well. "He can't get in a rhythm because the D can't get off the field", "they're having to play catch up because they can't hold a lead or get a stop".

Great point, RP.

The running game is going to be essential as well for Love to be successful.

The positive with Love compared to AR is Love has the ability to move and run. AR did not have that ability anymore so if Love can use that at times, we may able to extend drives using his legs.

Look. The chances of us winning 8-10 games in Love's first year is not great.

Our defense is average at best. They are inconsistent. We have holes at Safety, no depth at CB, a very average defensive line that has not stopped the run in 10 years, and a HC that kept an inept defense coordinator.

Our WR's are young and have hardly no experience. We have two rookie TE's. Our offensive line is average to below, IMO. These media members saying we have a top 10 o-line are kidding themselves. RB is the strongest part of the team yet we have a RB that is almost 30 and a 2nd RB that has been inconsistent the last 3 years.

In 2 years could this team have some weapons on offense and a defense that is formidable? Maybe but that all remains to be seen. We all know Gute's drafting has been average at best.

If Love's first season is 25 TD's and 13-15 INTs, I would be ecstatic and that would mean we might win 7-8 games. If he has 18 TD's and 10-13 INT year (which I think is more likely) then I could definitely see this team being a 4 win team.
I still expect to make the playoffs. I mean year, there could be a dip, but nothing catastrophic.

@RobDemovsky
·
25m

Devote Wyatt dropped out early in the practice and did not return.Romeo Doubs caught four of Jordan Love’s seven completions for 42 yards during the 2-minute drills.The top-four CBs were all missing: Alexander, Douglas and Nixon were not present while Stoke’s rehab continued

@RobDemovsky

More OTA notes: David Bakhtiari didn’t do any team (11 on 11), so the No. 1 O-line started like this: LT: Caleb JonesLG: Elgton JenkinsC: Josh MyersRG: Jon RunyanRT: Zach Tom No. 2 group:LT: Rasheed WalkerLG: Royce NewmanC: Sean RhyanRG: Chuck FiliagaRT: Yosh Nijman

@RobDemovsky
·
3h

Roll call: Returned: Bakhtiari, Jenkins, Leavitt, P. Smith. Not here: Alexander, Nixon, Douglas, Garvin.Rehab/not practicing: Wicks, Gary, Hanson, Kraft, DuBose.

So, Caleb Jones is ahead of Rasheed Walker for today. Awesome!

Wyatt seems like a guy always going to be having some kind of injury issue

“It’s disrespectful to say you’re not rebuilding off a Hall of Fame quarterback … I’m not going to sit here and pull back those words.” — Packers franchise left tackle David Bakhtiari

“It’s disrespectful to say you’re not rebuilding off a Hall of Fame quarterback … I’m not going to sit here and pull back those words.” — Packers franchise left tackle David Bakhtiari
Baby) poor baby, his best friend is gone and things aren't going his way......bless his heart.

Back