Packers will host 2025 NFL Draft

As for the weather in late April and early May? Murphy said league officials told him it would be great if it snows.

Might look nice for TV but people going there will not want to be out in cold and snow watching this.
Snow would be great actually. But more likely it will be 40 degrees and raining :p

Yeah the usual nervous nelly, knuckle-twisting "oh hurr durr I don't know if this is such a good idea, Green Bay is so small and backwards the gilded NY people might be uncomfortable durrrrrrp"
They aren’t wrong per se. Agents, execs, some draft picks etc… are used to posh digs and fancy high end restaurants. So they will be disappointed … but that isn’t a very large number overall.

They aren’t wrong per se. Agents, execs, some draft picks etc… are used to posh digs and fancy high end restaurants. So they will be disappointed … but that isn’t a very large number overall.
BWW or Kopps is right near the stadium or maybe they can use Aaron's name to get seats at his favorite places to eat LOL.

I can see tour company staging hotel/bus rides from various locations with airline access; Appleton, Wausau/Point, maybe even Madison if they can find ways to get people there. However, with round 1 and 2 happening at night, there would be some late bus rides back . . .
Don't they have bus rides where people can drink beer on the way? Or is that Brewers?

Find it interesting the may look into Amtrak to run line from MKE to GB. 40-50 years ago there used to be passanger service up the valley but not since then. I know there has been talk to bring it back but right now it's just freight tracks and not sure how much and how long it would take to build tracks and stations to handle passanger train service again.

Find it interesting the may look into Amtrak to run line from MKE to GB. 40-50 years ago there used to be passanger service up the valley but not since then. I know there has been talk to bring it back but right now it's just freight tracks and not sure how much and how long it would take to build tracks and stations to handle passanger train service again.
Most passenger train lines run on freight tracks. So that shouldn’t be an issue. But def need more stations.

Where did you see that? Seems very far fetched

Where did you see that? Seems very far fetched
Murphy expects nearly 250,000 people to visit on draft weekend. Murphy said there have been discussions with Amtrak about adding rail service from Milwaukee, and, provided the ice on Lake Michigan has melted, cruise ships may bring fans to Green Bay.

The Packers were initially told the 2025 draft was "off the table," before the league circled back in January to tell the organization it was now a possibility. The location was finalized earlier this week at the NFL spring meetings in Minneapolis.

"From what the NFL has told us, we are the first NFL team to drive the draft bid process with the league," Dow said.

Back