Pass Interference Rule review

And they're like a deer in headlights. They hmmm and ahhmm until the play is confirmed or reversed, then say they agree with the decision.

well, that's not what happened with the ridiculous no-call in the packers game. in fact, aikman and buck both said the interference was clear and obvious and then they asked the former official commentator and he agreed that it was clear and obvious pass interference. not one of them hemmed or hawed.

What happened is this: the NFL comp committee massively overreacted to Saints-Rams with this dog crap rule. The refs HATE the new rule. They hate the subjectivity of it, it's bad enough getting second guessed once on a play, they don't want it happening twice with a coach's challenge. Al Riveron has decided from on high that he and his guys are just not going to overrule calls or non-calls based on a coach's challenge for any play short of murder in the first. He wants to strangle the rule in its cradle and is trying to tell coaches - do not throw a flag and question us, we will not overturn. We don't care how obvious, we will not overturn.

So now we have the league telling players, coaches and fans that the rule is one thing, coaches trying to use the rule to their favor based on what the league has said, but Riveron and the refs going rogue and deciding that they are just not going to play ball.... which is what every one really wants at the end of the day (no reviewed PI), but also what everyone feels is extremely unfair and confusing while the rule is written and active as is.

So, great job NFL. Giving the people what they want. A-holes.

What happened is this: the NFL comp committee massively overreacted to Saints-Rams with this dog crap rule. The refs HATE the new rule. They hate the subjectivity of it, it's bad enough getting second guessed once on a play, they don't want it happening twice with a coach's challenge. Al Riveron has decided from on high that he and his guys are just not going to overrule calls or non-calls based on a coach's challenge for any play short of murder in the first. He wants to strangle the rule in its cradle and is trying to tell coaches - do not throw a flag and question us, we will not overturn. We don't care how obvious, we will not overturn.

So now we have the league telling players, coaches and fans that the rule is one thing, coaches trying to use the rule to their favor based on what the league has said, but Riveron and the refs going rogue and deciding that they are just not going to play ball.... which is what every one really wants at the end of the day (no reviewed PI), but also what everyone feels is extremely unfair and confusing while the rule is written and active as is.

So, great job NFL. Giving the people what they want. A-holes.

What's next? Review holding? This will become a game unbearable to watch and decided by a slow mo, frame by frame technology that will look worse in real time. Add gambling to the mix and every call will be reviewed because of what's at stake.

Last edited:
What's next? Review holding? This will become a game unbearable tonearch and decided by a slow mo, frame by frame technology that will look worse in real time. Add gambling to the mix and every vall will be reviewed because of what's at stake.

It's why as crazy and frustrating as it is, and I'm guilty of NOT doing this, we all should be supporting how the NY refs are handling it. Simply don't engage and try to suffocate this thing before it gets going.

It's why as crazy and frustrating as it is, and I'm guilty of NOT doing this, we all should be supporting how the NY refs are handling it. Simply don't engage and try to suffocate this thing before it gets going.
I ducking agree at this point. I also agree that I need to spell check before posting

There's big tech censorship again, infringing on your right to drop an eff bomb.

This will become a game unbearable to watch

It's pretty much already there. There are very few games played in a season now that can establish a good flow.

I'd say it's comical if someone would argue that baseball has a pace of play problem and that football doesn't.

It's pretty much already there. There are very few games played in a season now that can establish a good flow.

I'd say it's comical if someone would argue that baseball has a pace of play problem and that football doesn't.
agree. The league should consider flexing some games to Cartoon Network

Back