Post Game: GB Knocks off Chicago 10-3

I have no issues going to 1 on the clock, not sure why its such a big deal
Maybe because it doesn't look like it's a calculated and controlled manner of operation. It always looks like chaos is going on as the clock is winding down.

Maybe because it doesn't look like it's a calculated and controlled manner of operation. It always looks like chaos is going on as the clock is winding down.

Sometimes it is and certainly was last night. But later in the game it's intentional, trying to run as much time off the clock as possible.

It was like a preseason game except the win counts so that's something...

Will see how this shakes out in a few weeks. Can the def keep it up?

This was their baseline. Will see if they can improve.

WR should be making LaFluer nervous .. weakest link on O ...

aaron-rodgers-mike-pettine.jpg

this photo doesn't quite capture it, but the panicked looks on the other coaches faces (including lafleur) was priceless.

That wasn't a playful shove. That was a where the hell of you been all my life big buddy smack to the chest for a wonderful frickin' job. You just saved the flippin' game! I thought it was great when I saw it.

I think everybody was amazed it came from Rodgers. He's usually cool, calm and collected. It did show he's one of the guys. I believe it bodes well for the future

Cheese, I have been saying it for the last year. We have Adams and then all 3 and 4 WR's. We have no #2. This killed us last year and will again this year.

Look at our WR's:
Adams- 2nd rounder
Allsion- Undrafted
Kumerow- Undrafted
MVS- 5th rounder
ESB- 6th rounder
Davis- 5th rounder
Shepherd- Undrafted
Lazard- Undrafted

No high draft picks at WR since 2014 with Adams. It needs to happen next year. 1st or 2nd round.

This Week in The Herd
aaron-rodgers-mike-pettine.jpg

Colin Cowherd: "Aaron Rodgers gets into shoving match with Mike Pettine over Packers defense showing up A-Rods disastrous performance. Watch next week as Greg Jennings joins me in explaining how intimidating a Rodgers shove can be, as well as Rodgers past issues with bald coaches."

My take is OL while suspect Bears front 7 might be the best in the league. My big concern is WR and hope to hell 33 stays healthy

I have no issues going to 1 on the clock, not sure why its such a big deal
Because there have been more then enough times were he has had to waste a TO because the snap did not come off.

Hell of a win. The score could have been from 1920 that's for sure. If they stay healthy, the defense should be a formidable group. Yes the Chicago offense is not very good, but they have some talent.

There were a few negatives.
- the OL was a little leaky at times both passing and running, but it's hard to do much against that Bear defense.
- things still looked a little herky jerky on offense. They need better pace and timing.
- the WR group is obviously still a work in progress. Hopefully they can find a #2 otherwise that becomes a need in 2020
- AR is still holding the ball too long. On TV you don't see the all-22 so it's hard to know if it's him, the WR's or the play design. He also just doesn't look quite right - certainly not the player he was a few years ago. Accuracy and timing are off.

I think the offensive problems can mostly be solved, but it may take some high draft picks or a couple of quality FA;s to fix the questions at OL and WR Not sure about AR. Hopefully we see him play a little cleaner going forward.

Cheese, I have been saying it for the last year. We have Adams and then all 3 and 4 WR's. We have no #2. This killed us last year and will again this year.

Look at our WR's:
Adams- 2nd rounder
Allsion- Undrafted
Kumerow- Undrafted
MVS- 5th rounder
ESB- 6th rounder
Davis- 5th rounder
Shepherd- Undrafted
Lazard- Undrafted

sorry but i have to disagree with both of you. first, i would not make that judgment call based on one game against the bears defense. especially since rodgers was not sharp last night.

we also have additional targets beyond the wrs. the three tight ends caught six balls for 72 yards and the game's only td.

you say davante plus a bunch of 3s and 4s. davante only caught half the balls thrown his way for a paultry 36 yards. but the fifth rounder caught four out of six of the balls thrown to him for 52 yards. i think once the offense is fully in synch, we will see a lot more productivity.

Back