Post Game Green Bay beats Dallas in OT 31-28

A good portion of the cap hit / cash out is money that needed to be accounted for on his previous contract. SB money is what is is. His 2022 Roster bonus as an example was treated as a SB payed in 2 installments for a total of about $40m. Per Spotrac here is the gory details
  • $101.515M guaranteed at signing (2022 salary, 2022 roster bonus, 2023 salary, 2023 option bonus)
  • 2022 Roster Bonus: $40.8M (fully guaranteed, treated as signing bonus, $20.4M paid 6/20/22, $20.4M paid 9/30/22)
  • 2023 Option Bonus (to exercise the 2025 compensation): $58.3M (guaranteed)
  • 2024 Option Bonus (to exercise the 2026 compensation): $47M (injury guaranteed at signing, fully guarantees the 5th day of the 2024 waiver period)
  • Declining either of the 2023-2024 options converts the base salary for that year into the bonus figure ($58.3M, $47M respectively)
By those terms he's guaranteed $58.3M next year, then the question is how do the Packers avoid paying it. They would need to get another team to take on the contract and agree to pay it out, yes? Then it becomes a matter of how and when, and not if.

By those terms he's guaranteed $58.3M next year, then the question is how do the Packers avoid paying it. They would need to get another team to take on the contract and agree to pay it out, yes? Then it becomes a matter of how and when, and not if.
Sure they could find a taker for that but I would assume that would count vs the acquiring teams cap. And then Rodgers controls where he he lands so he can in essence block a trade. So it’s pretty complicated

Sure they could find a taker for that but I would assume that would count vs the acquiring teams cap. And then Rodgers controls where he he lands so he can in essence block a trade. So it’s pretty complicated
100% yes, I think we're on the same page there. That's why I said, any trade comp I think is going to be shockingly low, they essentially need to pay another team to take that contract off their books, similar to how LA sent first rounders along with Goff to Detroit just to get rid of his deal in exchange for Stafford.

100% yes, I think we're on the same page there. That's why I said, any trade comp I think is going to be shockingly low, they essentially need to pay another team to take that contract off their books, similar to how LA sent first rounders along with Goff to Detroit just to get rid of his deal in exchange for Stafford.
Yes and based on his performance this season the risk is now much greater than the reward. He’s 39 this December and you’re not betting long term at this point. And it’s not a long list of who is a fit.

Yes and based on his performance this season the risk is now much greater than the reward. He’s 39 this December and you’re not betting long term at this point. And it’s not a long list of who is a fit.
Eh, let David Dunn worry about that stuff. First thing's first, team needs to pick a direction and a make a decision on what they want to do.

With the disclaimer that you don't have sources, what do you think they want to do? Anyone else can chime in too.

Eh, let David Dunn worry about that stuff. First thing's first, team needs to pick a direction and a make a decision on what they want to do.

With the disclaimer that you don't have sources, what do you think they want to do? Anyone else can chime in too.
Personally I think the staff would prefer to tweak the scheme to fit Loves style. Now is that the vision of Gute & Murphy who knows. As to 12, I have sensed since the restructure it was a 1 year deal and let’s see. Still think that and with the teams record and his season I think he walks

Back