Post Game ...Lions beat Packers 15-9

So here's my take:

We lost our top two WRs and two offensive lineman. We also had our two best lineman hurt last year and coming back from injury. Now father time is catching up to AR and he is not as accurate. The new WRs have trouble getting open and the o-line can't protect on a consistent basis. On Offense we have a HC that can't make adjustments and refuses to use Jonesy our biggest play maker.

On defense, you have a D coordinator that is a zone guy when we drafted CBs that are man to man corner's. We have a D-line that gets pushed around against the run and safety play that is below average.

Lastly, you have a front office that paid a 38 year old QB 50M which was dumb in itself and has not drafted enough depth and replacement players at the positions I mentioned.

It is a perfect storm and until Murphy is gone, I truly believe this team isn't going anywhere.

Rodgers was bad yesterday, and hasn't been good all season.
The pass blocking was not the problem, but the run blocking was terrible. Against f^*&( Detroit who can't stop the run.
The receiving corpse was a bunch of stiffs again. Running wrong routes, not getting open and not catching the ball.
The game plan was basically "Here Rodgers, have the ball and see if you can beat Detroit". He couldn't.

You'd be hard pressed to find a worse offense in this league.

I wasn't surprised at all. At this point, I'm gonna keep picking them to win in hopes that one more game this season I'll be right. This team is in disarray and I'm not sure how they fix it. By optics, it just looks like they are disinterested, checked out, I don't know if those are the right words. I guess it's just the look of a struggling team that has no idea how to rectify it.

Also, when did Jaire becoming this constant jawer? Maybe they weren't showing a lot of it before but it sure seems like that's all he does lately. I don't know what else to say, other than, the Packers were the "get right" game for the Lions.

the perfect way to state it...I really don't know what else you can say at this point.
You can just see the frustration on their faces, from coaching staff to players. We'll see if they continue to get those personal fouls and silly penalties.

This season is going to be a wash for GB next year GB has another bad season it could put ML and his staff on the hot seat going into 2024.

This season is going to be a wash for GB next year GB has another bad season it could put ML and his staff on the hot seat going into 2024.
I don't know. Maybe it depends on if AR is still here? You gotta give ML a chance to show what he has with Love or the next heir apparent. Will some of his staff get axed? Sure, but Gutey and staff need to dig in and restock some depth and talent.

Last edited:
Back