Post Game ...Lions beat Packers 15-9

I didn't post in the pre-game thread this week because I just didn't want to be negative. I thought they had a chance, but the whole vibe from the team is just that there is nothing going right. They aren't really good at any aspect of the game right now, and it starts at the top and definitely includes the entire coaching staff.

The plus from today was that the defense was "good enough" especially considering that the Lions had been pretty prolific on offense at home this season. That's all I can come up with for a positive.

They mostly were ordinary or downright sucked in every aspect today. That's not gonna win games in the NFL against all but the worst of teams. Right now, looking at the schedule, I'm not sure I see a decent bet for a win anymore, though I'm sure they'll win a few. At this point you are past the halfway point of the season and you are what you are.

Time to start watching more Saturday football and begin prepping for the off-season. Unfortunately, with the tough position they have put themselves in from a contract/CAP perspective, they're pretty limited in what they can accomplish.

AR has played poorly this year. Where did his accuracy go?

But Gute's bad drafting decisions since he was named GM are the single biggest issue right now. Those 1-4 round picks since 2018 should be the core of the team right now but most are no longer with the team even.

Back