Post Game ...Lions beat Packers 15-9

This was my big take-away. Rodgers had a few good throws, but was often off... No blaming WRs this time either. Very obvious misses Sunday. That last sequence of throws were out quick and off his back foot...floaters to nowhere. Not sure where he was yesterday...
Yup. And the OL wasn't great, they couldn't get the running game going(but with Zach Tom playing, he's not physical enough to really move guys).

A couple weeks ago I took issue with his...behavior on field and some off-field comments(EDIT-I meant to say I thought he'd been much more positive this past week and...walked some of that back a bit).

I know he was hopeful at the trade deadline, but the Packers went out and offered a #1 for DJ Moore(thank you Carolina for passing on that) and a #2 for Claypool(not sure why they wouldn't meet the 2nd and 5th Denver was asking for, but maybe it's because that wasn't actually their asking price).

But the two picks, 100% on him. Great play by Hutchinson sniffing that out and dropping, but loft that up there.
The 1st, he didn't have a throwing lane.

Bakhtiari coming back in on that final drive tells me that his knee IS structurally sound....it just hurts. That means it's not going away and I'd guess(pointing out I do not have an MD in front of my name) that his knee is bone on bone and or at least close to it.

So the thumb probably hurts causing his throws to be off. He missed that Toure deep ball he'd normally make. There were other 3rd down balls he threw low. They were catchable, but he's just off.
The WR's can't stay healthy enough.

#1 priority for this team this off-season upon learning what Rodgers plans on doing is go out and use that ~10-12 pick on a guy like Parris Johnson or Broderick Jones. Both guys who are freak athletes who can also play guard.

Also, again, fire Joe Barry. The defense wasn't the problem, but it SHOULD be a suffocating, dominant D and it's just...not. It's no the problem, that's very clearly the two highest paid players in AAV on the team, Rodgers and Bakh not playing to their expectations...but this defense was supposed to be Legion of Boom type dominant and it's been, "Rodgers era good." Which is to say, just not terrible.

Thank you Sammy Watkins, very cool. View attachment 621
m9wh6wo8gsp81.gif

I know he was hopeful at the trade deadline, but the Packers went out and offered a #1 for DJ Moore(thank you Carolina for passing on that) and a #2 for Claypool(not sure why they wouldn't meet the 2nd and 5th Denver was asking for, but maybe it's because that wasn't actually their asking price).
Talk about luck, can you imagine if they traded a #1 for DJ Moore or a 2+ for Claypool, and then half the team tears their ACLs and Achilles in Detroit and the season is a bust anyway?

One of the biggest problems the Packers have is that they try to put round pegs in square holes, and vice versa. I guess, because they've found they're fairly successful at doing it over a period of time with the offensive line, that it will work anywhere on the field.

That appears to be a particular problem on defense. Now, the question is this. Do you modify the defense to make it user friendly for the players, or do you replace the players for those who fit the mold? Sometimes, when you do the latter, you throw out some darned good talent.

One of the biggest problems the Packers have is that they try to put round pegs in square holes, and vice versa. I guess, because they've found they're fairly successful at doing it over a period of time with the offensive line, that it will work anywhere on the field.

That appears to be a particular problem on defense. Now, the question is this. Do you modify the defense to make it user friendly for the players, or do you replace the players for those who fit the mold? Sometimes, when you do the latter, you throw out some darned good talent.
Organizational disconnect - GM drafts players and then they fill the DC role with a guy whose system doesn't fit said players.

Organizational disconnect - GM drafts players and then they fill the DC role with a guy whose system doesn't fit said players.
I believe TT once quoted that it was his job to draft players and it was the coaches job to figure out how to use them.

Back