Post game: Niners beat Packers 13-10

I think what Keg may be saying is that people may have previously ignored his recent playoff record, and now they're actually considering that fact.
Fans maybe, NFL folks doubtful. It’s been written about and discussed by talking heads each year

The problem with how "the market works", is that if one team chooses to overpay someone, to keep them, it sets a bar for everyone. that's not normally how "the market works" outside of sports - the market doesn't completely shift because of 1 transaction.
Well that’s my point. The “sports marketplace “ is unique, even in college with HC hires. It’s not based on profit and loss it’s based on wins, losses and ego

Well that’s my point. The “sports marketplace “ is unique, even in college with HC hires. It’s not based on profit and loss it’s based on wins, losses and ego
but the sports market seems to be increasing at a faster rate than the salary cap, which keeps making it harder and harder for teams to manage to cap. I know this year is somewhat unique for the Packers, but every year almost all teams are having cap issues. Fans all want the team to make the big splashy signings - and you probably need some star players on your team - but you can't fill a team with superstars unless you're mortgaging the future.
PS the Bucs are in the same boat as Green Bay. they signed a whole lot of star players to win championships now.

but the sports market seems to be increasing at a faster rate than the salary cap, which keeps making it harder and harder for teams to manage to cap. I know this year is somewhat unique for the Packers, but every year almost all teams are having cap issues. Fans all want the team to make the big splashy signings - and you probably need some star players on your team - but you can't fill a team with superstars unless you're mortgaging the future.
PS the Bucs are in the same boat as Green Bay. they signed a whole lot of star players to win championships now.
The Tampa situation and GB is actually a bit similar. Both QB’s have restructured contracts that’s make it unmanageable because of structure. We all know about Rodgers & Brady has multiple void years that’s “managed “ his signing bonus.

I’ve said for years structure matters. GB for decades has been cash out = cap hit to manage not only the cap but cash flow. 99% of their deals are structured as 2-3 years and manageable “outs”. Many fans hate it but it’s actually prudent. Aaron Jones deal is a perfect example. It’s why GB had never been in cap hell until now.

And they’re there now only because the Rodgers window was closing and they (Murph/Gute) blinked.

They are a hard nosed team that doesn't get deterred very easily from their game plan. All this talk about Jimmy G but he keeps competing. As I said in multiple threads, I do not like the 9ers and am not particularly a Shanahan fan, but that team gives me hope if that's what a ML type of team is supposed to look like. That's a big if, especially with this front office but it gives me hope, post Rodgers-era, that this team could be a contender soon with the right moves.
We're never going to be built like that. We just don't seem to sign those guys.

And, if what I hear that we actually might bring Rodgers back is true, well, he might not even own the Bears anymore

Rodgers coming back talk is just to placate the narcissist in residence

Rodgers coming back talk is just to placate the narcissist in residence
I don't think so.... I am starting to see that our front office is of the belief they have to keep him consequence be damned. A few weeks ago I didn't think it was anywhere close to conceivable but I've made the math work..all be it a death sentence long term.

Last edited:
I don't think so.... I am starting to see that our front office is of the belief they have to keep him consequence be damned. A few weeks ago I did think it was anywhere close to conceivable but I've made the math work..all be it a death sentence long term.
I hope beyond hope that it doesn’t happen that way.

Back