Post Game Niners Defeat Packers 37-20 End Season.

Well you can't play with these DE and challange SF. So you either need a couple of new DE or you need to adjust the scheme.

I really hope ML takes a deep dive into the defense. This needs to get going in the right direction.

Just read the latest McGinn article where, at the end, he takes Pettine to the woodshed.

Just read the latest McGinn article where, at the end, he takes Pettine to the woodshed.

"There are a few secrets in NFL coaching circles. It wasn’t a coincidence that Pettine was out of a job in 2016 and ’17. No one wanted him.

Losing is one thing. Failing even to compete, both physically and schematically, is another."

They have run some version of a 3-4 defense for 12 years now. They finished with a top 5 defense one time, and were embarrassed off the field in the playoffs five times. They can't make it work here, for whatever reason. Time to ditch it.

Is it the 3 - 4, or the coaching of it?

Very depressing but expected given Sunday's result

They have run some version of a 3-4 defense for 12 years now. They finished with a top 5 defense one time, and were embarrassed off the field in the playoffs five times. They can't make it work here, for whatever reason. Time to ditch it.

Very much agreed. I have a feeling they will hang on for a couple more years, as they did with Capers, before they try something else. I'm hoping ML looks at the history of what you just pointed out. It's been many years of same result and many years of trying to fix the defense through the draft. Something needs to change.

Back