Post Game Niners Defeat Packers 37-20 End Season.

Spare me the #12 lovefest this week. Not happening.

The end of the season brings the time for reflection and love. I reflect each year on how much I love interacting with everyone here. Some more than others but it's all from a place of love. C'mon Mark, have a heart!

It's not a lovefest, it's acknowledging reality. Aaron shoulders a lot of blame for GB's playoff failures, that's reality too.
It's really kind of sobering to see those stats. Of those 8 losses, the D gave up 37 or more points.

It's not a lovefest, it's acknowledging reality. Aaron shoulders a lot of blame for GB's playoff failures, that's reality too.

And, he deserves it.

It was 27 - 0 before our goat did anything of value and by that time it did not matter.

His 2 turnovers directly added to the 27.

The best defense is a good offense. Had the offense kept any pace with the 9ers, 21 - even 14 points, no matter how bad the defense was we would have a chance.

When was the last time our goat put the dagger in with more than 10 minutes remaining?

He's good, and he's ours. But, he isn't taking us to the promised land.

And, he deserves it.

It was 27 - 0 before our goat did anything of value and by that time it did not matter.

The best defense is a good offense. Had the offense kept any pace with the 9ers, 21 - even 14 points, no matter how bad the defense was we would have a chance.

When was the last time our goat put the dagger in with more than 10 minutes remaining?

That WR unit sans Adams scares nobody....and let me add in TE. It’s not just one guy. There are multiple issues on offense and yes 12 is one of them but far from the primary issue

That WR unit sans Adams scares nobody....and let me add in TE. It’s not just one guy. There are multiple issues on offense and yes 12 is one of them but far from the primary issue

I'm far from a talent evaluator. What I find perplexing, in my own mind, is that here is a 14-4 team that made it to the NFCCG, yet when you look on both sides if the ball, they need more talent.

I agree with your statement. Just think about that. Besides, Jones and Adam's, the rest are pedestrian at best. I'm not even sure about the O line at this point. Decent pass blockers? Maybe, but they strike fear in no ones heart regarding the run game.

This team, imo, is still 2-3 years away from being where they want to be. Add in the late in the round draft status and it makes it even harder to restock.

I'm far from a talent evaluator. What I find perplexing, in my own mind, is that here is a 14-4 team that made it to the NFCCG, yet when you look on both sides if the ball, they need more talent.

I agree with your statement. Just think about that. Besides, Jones and Adam's, the rest are pedestrian at best. I'm not even sure about the O line at this point. Decent pass blockers? Maybe, but they strike fear in no ones heart regarding the run game.

This team, imo, is still 2-3 years away from being where they want to be. Add in the late in the round draft status and it makes it even harder to restock.

It's an interesting study for sure. They won in the margins all year but were thoroughly outclassed by one team. On offense they wrung a lot of production out of their big names, but were unable to develop any complementary players and that's where they stalled out.

Overall I think Gute needs to stay aggressive with the roster and ML should be aggressive with his staff, because IMO without bigger changes than you'd expect, they are likely to revert to a mean next year.

It's an interesting study for sure. They won in the margins all year but were thoroughly outclassed by one team. On offense they wrung a lot of production out of their big names, but were unable to develop any complementary players and that's where they stalled out.

Overall I think Gute needs to stay aggressive with the roster and ML should be aggressive with his staff, because IMO without bigger changes than you'd expect, they are likely to revert to a mean next year.

Great point and I'm in agreement. They need to stay aggressive. I was a big proponent of "You are your record ", trying to will myself to believe that they were truly a 13-3 team. I know, it sounds weird because their record says they were 13-3 but the more I thought about it, it just didn't feel like a 13-3 team.

On paper, or at least in theory, the 1 and 2 seeds, 13-3 teams, in the NFCCG should be somewhat evenly matched. This was a total domination of one team over the other. This should provide a valuable measuring stick as to where your team truly is, when talking about competing for the NFCCG in the future. SF is built to last for a few years. I hope Gutey and ML can do the same thing.

And, he deserves it.

Ha. Ok. The defense giving up 300 yards rushing had something to do with that 27-0 score.

Oh and the o-line stunk the whole first quarter.

Back