Post game: Packers defeat Bears 35-16

Pettine needs to be fired after the season no matter what happens. D plays its best game last week playing a base 3-4 with 3 down lineman and he goes back to the nickel crap.

STs may make us lose in the playoffs. This unit is terrible.

I honest to god think Jackson could play better than King right now.

We are playing more complete games the last two weeks. Hopefully they can continue that.

Let's hope AR continues to play lights out and the oline protects him.

@KenIngalls
No - he didn't actually earn any new cash, but since he hit these thresholds in 2020 these incentives are now considered "Likely to be earned" in 2021 and will count against the 2021 salary cap.

So if Adams and his agent say ok lets get new deal done. They sit down and say ok we want 5 years $115 million $70 guaranteed with $55 fully guaranteed. Is that a contract you do?
As much as I hate the current money and the word 'guaranteed' in contracts, I at least want to be up to speed on terminology. What's the difference between 'guaranteed' and 'fully guaranteed'? Thanks.

As much as I hate the current money and the word 'guaranteed' in contracts, I at least want to be up to speed on terminology. What's the difference between 'guaranteed' and 'fully guaranteed'? Thanks.
the difference is that you can have money that is guaranteed only under certain conditions (for example only in case of injury). fully guaranteed means it is unconditional.

Last edited:
the difference is that you can have money that is guaranteed only under certain conditions (for example only in case of injury).
Technically 3 , skill, cap and/or injury. Also some money is guaranteed when league year begins. IMO more important designation is $$ guaranteed at signing

I loved watching Rodgers and company dismantle the Bears defense. It made my day, watching Mack neutralized most of the game by a guy who so many said shouldn't even be on the team. It told me just how damned good the coaching is with our offensive line. The subs may make mistakes, but giving them help with chip blocks has done wonders for their play, and the success of the team. Rodgers had as much time as he wanted yesterday, to do whatever he wanted with the ball.

I still worry about our defense. Speed is our worst enemy. Second is our pass rush. We can't expect our back 4 to do their job in man coverage if we can't pressure the guy with the ball.

Technically 3 , skill, cap and/or injury. Also some money is guaranteed when league year begins. IMO more important designation is $$ guaranteed at signing
yes. i only gave one example of conditional. thank you for providing a more thorough explanation.

Back