Post Game Packers Slip by Redskins 20-15

I have absolutely no problem with the Packers being overachievers. You can win championships that way. I would be concerned if they were so loaded with talent and searched out ways to lose, "creatively." That's when you start tearing your hair out.

The win, against Washington, was a good one. Nobody came away with a serious injury from what I saw. The running game seemed to be pulled together. Rodgers wasn't throwing the ball to guys in the wrong colored shirts. The Smith Bros. still had their motors. Gary looked like he might just have a future in the NFL. Pettine's defense wasn't shredded. There were moments out there, that added good teaching opportunity for the coaches. Nobody will come away cocky, because of the win.

The Bears game will be the Bears game. They always are, no matter what the record is for both teams. What I like going forward against them after this win is that the Packers shouldn't feel one bit of superiority because of it. They know they have work to do, getting ready for the Bears. Even better, they're beginning to realize that they're becoming a force in the NFC, and when that totally sinks in, not even they know how it will end.

I got a good feeling from the win. I also look at our record, and realize that we have the 3rd best winning record in the entire NFL. That's pretty darned good.

I’m glad that they won the game, but it sure was ugly. I noticed after a while, that Rodgers was not moving out of the pocket or trying to throw on the run which something that he is pretty good at. I don’t know what that is all about.
I can’t say that he isn’t buying into the changes. I think he still likes to do things his way. I watched the Rams game last night and noticed that Goff would snap the ball with there was about 5 or 6 seconds left. Rodgers takes too darn long to get out of the ball and snapping it. I don’t understand it unless he is just not comfortable with the new scheme.
Except for the running game the rest of the offense seemed to be totally out of sync.

I got a good feeling from the win. I also look at our record, and realize that we have the 3rd best winning record in the entire NFL. That's pretty darned good.

but not good enough, without the style points. if our offense is not scoring at least 50 points a game, or worse yet if our defense is allowing the other team to score points on 30% of their possessions (like they did yesterday), some fans will never be happy.

hey, ben. if you think a 96.6 qb rating is the worst you've seen in a while, you must not have been watching very long. i mean, did you not see the game against the 49ers a couple weeks ago?

2010 packers through week 14:
23.5 points per game, only 1 win vs plus .500 opponent.

2019 packers through Week 14:
23.8 points per game, 6 wins vs plus .500 opponents.

i'm not predicting a super bowl win, i'm just pointing out that we aren't as horrible as some folks would have you believe.

I’m glad that they won the game, but it sure was ugly. I noticed after a while, that Rodgers was not moving out of the pocket or trying to throw on the run which something that he is pretty good at. I don’t know what that is all about.
I can’t say that he isn’t buying into the changes. I think he still likes to do things his way. I watched the Rams game last night and noticed that Goff would snap the ball with there was about 5 or 6 seconds left. Rodgers takes too darn long to get out of the ball and snapping it. I don’t understand it unless he is just not comfortable with the new scheme.
Except for the running game the rest of the offense seemed to be totally out of sync.
I think he’s trying to wait out the defense to reveal what coverage, etc, they are using that play so he can adjust the blocking, change the play, or other.
But by doing so he out-foxes himself too many times as defenses wait him out.

If he would vary the times when he snaps the ball (sometimes at 10-12 seconds and other times at 3-5), he might begin to catch teams trying to shift alignment and could get some favorable matchups. sh))

Hey, Aaron when are you going to quit with the BS long count and snap the football ???
Hey, Aaron wouldn't it be prudent to study film on the Bears D rather then doing that???
Heard on radio last week excuse given for waiting until 1 on play clock is that the plays are very verbal and takes long time for ML to call into Rodgers who has to then repeat it in huddle and Rodgers then likes to take time and read the defense. But will be something they try to work on in the off-season.

AR doing a Reddit AMA tonight. HaHa quick to reply:

ELXVJi7WsAAr1LJ.jpg
Pass direct at you HaHa because I can torch you.

Back