Post Game Packers Slip by Redskins 20-15

How does this season really compare to 2010? It really doesn’t as these statistics show.

Statistics – 2010 v 2019 Packer NFL Rankings Comparison
Stat
2010 (Regular Season)
2019 (to date)
Total Offense (YPG)9th – 358.123rd – 340.1
Passing (YPG)5th – 257.816th – 233.1
Rushing (YPG)24th – 100.417th – 107.0
Points (PPG)10th – 24.213th – 23.8
Total Defense (YPG)5th – 309.122nd – 367.9
Passing (YPG)5th – 194.221st – 245.1
Rushing (YPG)18th – 114.925th – 122.8
Points (PPG)2nd – 1513th – 20.8
Record8th – 10-6 (tied w/six teams)3rd – 10-3 (tied w/four teams)

With overall performance based on wins and losses, statistically the Packers significantly under-performed in the 2010 regular season and are currently way over-performing in 2019. And if anyone believes strength of schedule has anything to do with it, think again - strength of schedule also favors 2010 at 48.83% for the regular season compared to 2019 ytd at 45.86%!

Summarizing, 2010 team statistics indicate a team likely to go deep in the playoffs. 2019... not so much.

We still have to get to the playoffs. I think we must beat the Bears this weekend to get there.

Wow. Before the season started a lot of folks thought we'd be around 8-8 to 11-5 IF THINGS WENT WELL.
Now, there is a lot of comparisons to the 2010 team that was LUCKY to make the playoffs. Got on a roll and won the SB.
Expectations have gone through the roof for this team. Folks figured it was a two or three year fix- now we're comparing them to a SB team of 2010.

We've been struggling with consistency in the first year of a new offense. We have looked disjointed and played to the level of our opponent almost every week (except for the two blowout losses out west).
We are not a great team, we are not a terrible team. We seem to know how to hang on and WIN.
This Bear game is huge for us. I think this will reflect the opening game- Can Pettine stifle the Bears offense again.

Wow. Before the season started a lot of folks thought we'd be around 8-8 to 11-5 IF THINGS WENT WELL.
Now, there is a lot of comparisons to the 2010 team that was LUCKY to make the playoffs. Got on a roll and won the SB.
Expectations have gone through the roof for this team. Folks figured it was a two or three year fix- now we're comparing them to a SB team of 2010.

We've been struggling with consistency in the first year of a new offense. We have looked disjointed and played to the level of our opponent almost every week (except for the two blowout losses out west).
We are not a great team, we are not a terrible team. We seem to know how to hang on and WIN.
This Bear game is huge for us. I think this will reflect the opening game- Can Pettine stifle the Bears offense again.

i was one of the ones who predicted 11-5 before the season started. honestly i wanted to say 12-4, but i toned down my enthusiasm. despite the fact that i posted the stats comparison between 2010 and 2019, i don't really believe we are headed to the super bowl. but i do think we have an outside chance of getting there if luck continues to favor us. certainly this packers team has overachieved, and they've had some lucky breaks along the way. but if the offense gets hot . . .

i was one of the ones who predicted 11-5 before the season started. honestly i wanted to say 12-4, but i toned down my enthusiasm. despite the fact that i posted the stats comparison between 2010 and 2019, i don't really believe we are headed to the super bowl. but i do think we have an outside chance of getting there if luck continues to favor us. certainly this packers team has overachieved, and they've had some lucky breaks along the way. but if the offense gets hot . . .
I personally thought 10-6 at best... I'm enjoying this run to the fullest - long may it last!

I think there's a funny negative confirmation bias going on. The Packers are exceeding expectations and perhaps their roster's talent level, but instead of finding persons to praise for overachieving, it's attributed to luck.

If we were losing and/or underachieving, I doubt we'd go "it was just bad luck". We would find someone(s) to blame.

I thought 8-8 with new staff I thought would take time to gel. Team has progressed faster then I thought. But still have played above their heads at times. We do see the issues that hold this team back from being a SB contender but you have a good draft get a couple good FA's this team might be able to take that step into contender next year.

Who really cares what we thought at the beginning of the season. things changed. The Pack is in first place, but let's be honest a precarious first place. We beat the Bears and Vikings because of late interceptions in the end zone and beat the Lions because of some pretty friendly calls. But we are here, and we are contenders - now.

It is so hard to wind a championship. Look at all of the possibilities that the Pack has had in the Favre and Rodgers years that they have fubar'd. If the Pack doesn't get to the Playoffs this year, it will be another horrible collapse by a Wisconsin team. If they blow this opportunity, they will just be another hot chick milking me for beers and going home with someone else.

The Pack needs to pull its head out of its keister and beat the Bears this weekend.

If they play another so so lackluster game and lose, I think they will not make the playoffs.

Who really cares what we thought at the beginning of the season. things changed. The Pack is in first place, but let's be honest a precarious first place. We beat the Bears and Vikings because of late interceptions in the end zone and beat the Lions because of some pretty friendly calls. But we are here and it would be another horrible collapse by a Wisconsin team if they blow this.

The Pack needs to pull its head out of its keister and beat the Bears this weekend.

If they play another so so lackluster game and lose, I think they will not make the playoffs.
#1 they will make the payoffs
#2 it wont be a collapse
#3 enjoy the ride, playing with house money

Back