Post Game Thread: GB defeats TN 40-14

i think some people enjoy pointing out the negatives. there's really nothing wrong with that. but it must take some of the enjoyment out of a fun team win like yesterday's game. for me personally, that was one of the most fun games to watch this season. although there have been several.

beating the vikings 43-34 in the opener
beating the lions 42-21
beating the bears 41-25
beating the niners 34-17

i'm happy with how the team has played this year in general. the defense seems to be hitting its peak at the right time. there are only two teams in the nfl that are 5-0 in their last five games. packers and chiefs.

Here here. Snow globe game to cap off Christmas weekend and threw a beat down on a 10-4 team to keep pace for home field advantage and a bye. That's a damn good game.

Mark locked the home field advantage thread but I think there's a question worth asking: beyond the statistics and the logic, does the team believe it has a big advantage at Lambeau?

Here here. Snow globe game to cap off Christmas weekend and threw a beat down on a 10-4 team to keep pace for home field advantage and a bye. That's a damn good game.

Mark locked the home field advantage thread but I think there's a question worth asking: beyond the statistics and the logic, does the team believe it has a big advantage at Lambeau?
I believe any team playing at home feels it’s an advantage. Lambeau has a mystique to it in January, and peaked in the Favre era. But a few home losses dulled that some. But fans are such an important part of that also. If it’s 35 and sunny not a big lift. 25 and snow it’s a mind game

I believe any team playing at home feels it’s an advantage. Lambeau has a mystique to it in January, and peaked in the Favre era. But a few home losses dulled that some. But fans are such an important part of that also. If it’s 35 and sunny not a big lift. 25 and snow it’s a mind game
I agree I don't think a warm weather team like NOLA is built to play in the cold and snow.

Something I'd like to add about the Packers offense. Everyone does realize we score more points than any other team in the league. KC is second, despite all the hoopla. To put it bluntly, the Packers are a freaking scoring machine when they get it on track.
Packers can score on pretty much any team in the NFL as long as they don't come out flat like TB and MN. Its the defense you need to worry if they can keep it under 30.

I agree I don't think a warm weather team like NOLA is built to play in the cold and snow.
And KC plays in cold and snow and it’s built on speed and QB play. 35 and sunny it’s a different ballgame

Take that a step further.
Tampa Bay, LAR, AZ aren’t built for it either.
The only team’s that could tussle with GB in cold and snow might be CHI and SEA, and that’s a “maybe” as well.

Something I'd like to add about the Packers offense. Everyone does realize we score more points than any other team in the league. KC is second, despite all the hoopla. To put it bluntly, the Packers are a freaking scoring machine when they get it on track.

just wanted to add that the scoring is mostly touchdowns. mason has not had to kick many field goals this season. the packers have scored 61 touchdowns this season, leading the nfl. the second place team is the one that we just beat - the titans - who have scored 57. the saints have 55. the bucs and chiefs each have 54.

Reactions: TW
Take that a step further.
Tampa Bay, LAR, AZ aren’t built for it either.
The only team’s that could tussle with GB in cold and snow might be CHI and SEA, and that’s a “maybe” as well.
Brady played how many years in NE? I can see and agree on Arizona and LA but not so much Tampa or Nola

just wanted to add that the scoring is mostly touchdowns. mason has not had to kick many field goals this season. the packers have scored 61 touchdowns this season, leading the nfl. the second place team is the one that we just beat - the titans - who have scored 57. the saints have 55. the bucs and chiefs each have 54.
Good breakdown. Thanks! It's amazing how prolific the Packers are because of Rodgers arm. A person could say that we score a lot on the ground, and it's true. But the question is, why do we score on the ground? Great running, granted, but that can be stopped if defenses don't need to honor the pass. Against Green Bay, disrespect Rodgers and the passing game to stop the run, and you've just set yourself up for another touchdown dance by a Packer receiver.

You can't play the Packers as a two dimensional team. It's always 3D chess.

Brady played how many years in NE? I can see and agree on Arizona and LA but not so much Tampa or Nola
It’s not just the QB’s that get affected by those wintery elements.
Plus, consider how Favre looked in the cold of the 2007 NFCC game against the NYG’s and project that onto (even older) Brady and Brees.

Back