Post Game Thread : Packers Defeat Chiefs

A couple of points:

Offense:

We were never really stopped last night unless we had a penalty to stop us. Impressive. We have to clean up those penalties.

I have watched football for 33 years and played it (not for 33 years :)) and I have never seen a QB be in such command of an offense. He is so confident and cool under pressure. Enjoy this ladies and gentleman because we will not have it forever.

Cheese, I agree that AR makes the o-line look better; however, I thought Barclay did a respectable job on Houston last night. For a back up tackle, you can't ask for much more.

Montgomery will get better and better. He will be a good one.

Janis proved again last night that he is just a guy. Nothing more.

Defense:

Defense played well for 2 and half quarters last night. I cannot believe I am giving the defense a pass on the 4th quarter but they exposed Randall a little bit in the 4th and he is a rookie. That is why we gave up some points. Randall played pretty well most of the game.

Our tackling has been really good after the Chicago game. (Except for the Shields wiff on Charles near the goal line) Good to see. Hope they keep it up.

Raji has been awesome the last two games. Very disruptive in the run game and gotten pressure on the QB.

Last thing: The refs really screwed up on the Chiefs last drive last night. Horrible spot on 4th down and there should have been a measurement there. Defense stopped them and would have been 38-14. If it would have been a close game that could have been a difference maker.

It looks to me like they learned nothing in the playoff game at Seattle. Put the pedal to the metal and KEEP it there! 31-7 and end up winning 38-28??? The defense looked incredible and it's like they think they have it all wrapped up and stop playing with fire. 4th and 5 at midfield...should have punted and pinned them deep. Don't get that call.

Nit picking? Probably. But the 15-1 team a few years ago did the exact same things. I loved the win...but it feels familiar. We're very fortunate we have # 12. Love that guy! Hope he stays healthy!!! Best player in the NFL, hands down. 23 teams are still kicking themselves!

ya, i'm nitpicking too. But what bothered me the most was how easy the last 3 KC TD's were. The Maclin catch and the last 2 Charles runs. Basically unopposed in any serious way. If I were the D i'd be pissed right now, because there will be naysayers out there, and they do have somewhat of a point, that will still say this defense can't finish.

It was a fine performance. Other than our 'prevent' nothing defense I would like to nitpick one other thing that really irritated me. Using up our three timeouts left us victim to an outrageous spotting of the ball on a 4th and 17. Yes, we still won, but that could have ended the game by challenging the ludicrous spot of the ball. The lack of a time out is something that can NOT happen. There really wasn't any good reason for the burning of the time outs earlier, almost a lack of focus in the second half.

Even when we are comfortably ahead, I cannot relax ever since the NFCC last year!

Offense is clearly upper echelon thanks to AR, good RBs, solid and smart WRs and a cabable line.
- The offense is showing nice variety and they are doing a solid job of play-calling, whoever is doing it.
- The o-line is a bit of a concern, but it's not like they are a disaster. It's just that at times they look pretty ordinary and if another QB was back there, things might have gotten ugly at times last night. Hopefully Bulaga will return 100% and BahkT will get healthier and things will continue to improve.
- The offense is really not stretching defenses right now. Pretty much everything is shorter throws. I assume teams will adjust and crowd us a bit more. Not sure how we respond since we really don't have any stretch-the-field type WRs right now, and I'm not sure the o-line is up to protecting for a lot of deeper passes, though again, AR's ability to evade and throw on the run kind of minimizes that issue.

Defense has been pretty solid, with some exceptions in certain areas, this year. The tackling has improved each week.
-Elliott is bringing some juice in his snaps. I think they need to get him on the field a bit more but keep a solid rotation in place.
-The DBs are playing well and there haven't been a ton of miscommunication issues though it seems like there are still a few every game where some guy is running wide open because one defender dropped him, I assume because he was expecting help. There are some bigger tests coming as none of the 3 teams we have played so far has a particularly challenging receiver group.
-Joe Thomas might turn out to be a nice piece in a situational role. He played well last night, but it seems like on several running plays he was simply not able to handle the blockers or RB. His lack of size is noticable at those times. He might though be part of the answer when playing a team like San Fran (and Seattle) where he might be more effective in keeping running QBs in check.

ya, i'm nitpicking too. But what bothered me the most was how easy the last 3 KC TD's were. The Maclin catch and the last 2 Charles runs. Basically unopposed in any serious way. If I were the D i'd be pissed right now, because there will be naysayers out there, and they do have somewhat of a point, that will still say this defense can't finish.
Could NOT agree more, Cheesedog.

I would also like say that call on the hit by Clinton Dix was absolute garbage. Cam Chancellor hits people like that all the time and he 'Sets the tempo'. Our guy gets flagged. No helmet contact that I saw...at all. I kept looking for Triplett. He's usually the one that makes calls that bad. And yes that spot on 4th down was terrible as well. I was wondering why MM didn't challenge it? Were we out of challenges?

Clay Matthews is a stud. Period. Wish we had 3 or 4 more just like him. This defense would be incredible. I am liking Jayrone Elliott more and more. He's fun to watch.

I thought Randall had a decent game and he'll get better. The secondary is quite good...and our # 1 corner can flat out fly!! Just wish he could tackle a little better.

All in all, nice to be 3-0! Get some of this stuff cleaned up and the Pack will be tough to beat. AZ scares me. They're destroying opponents. Apparently Ahrens knows how to keep it full throttle. Hopefully, McCarthy figures that out.

What I liked in the 7 sacks, is Clay had 2 the other 5 came from 7 different players. There were a couple 1/2 sacks. You know let's meet at the QB

Great win for the Packers last night. I was worried this would be a difficult game for the Packers, but they were in control save for a hiccup here and there. Well prepared and well coached. And of course Rodgers played out of his mind, regardless of what Pro Football Focus says.

At what point do people feel the Packers "let off the gas"? I've heard that a few times today in various places, but I don't really agree with the assessment. The Packers had some issues in the 2nd half, but they weren't play calling related. The Packers didn't get conservative on offense. They were still chucking it on 1st and 2nd down until the last drive when they had 1:25 seconds left in the game and a 10 point lead. Penalties kind of did them in on some of those 2nd half drives.

On defense it was 2 blown coverages vs Maclin and a little bit of bad luck that kept KC pseudo in the game in the 2nd half. I don't think we were in prevent defense. I could be wrong.

We got a little unlucky to not recover either fumble on the strip sacks and of course we got hosed on that 3rd and 18 spot. Game wasn't as close as th e score indicated.

Overall, no complaints. They beat a tough opponent rather handily. Very encouraged by the performance.

Back