Rodgers to play past 40?

So if Packers do take a QB say end of round one like Eason. How pissed does it make the fan base that the team is "not going for it"? Do you think while Rodgers has said he has no issue if the team takes a QB would he be upset the team did not get him a front line WR and that the writing on the wall of his career coming to a end in GB might be sooner rather than later?
There isn't going to be a WR available at #30 who will catch Rodger's eye enough to have an impact. I hope some other team likes Eason enough to want to trade up. Moving back into the second round and grabbing a WR is much more appealing. Funchess was a decent acquisition, because he's got a better chance of getting those looks than a green rookie.

If Love or Eason are what MLF is looking for, then do it. Just have a feeling neither is in Gute's plans.

On a recent Locked On Packers podcast, Bukowski lays out how there are only iirc 12 WRs in this draft who fill Gutey's athletic analytics. He made a pretty good case they might take one in the first.

He also stated, and I agree with him on this, that you don't necessarily want a stable of guys with all the same skill set. Personally I wouldn't mind that smaller, quicker "short area bust" guy out of the slot. But let's see what they come up with.

I think this is the link to that Locked On Packers episode on WR options in the draft.

Link.

On a recent Locked On Packers podcast, Bukowski lays out how there are only iirc 12 WRs in this draft who fill Gutey's athletic analytics. He made a pretty good case they might take one in the first.

He also stated, and I agree with him on this, that you don't necessarily want a stable of guys with all the same skill set. Personally I wouldn't mind that smaller, quicker "short area bust" guy out of the slot. But let's see what they come up with.
No offense but I could care less what Bukowski and or the fans want.... what's important is that ML gets the players for his offense.

No offense but I could care less what Bukowski and or the fans want.... what's important is that ML gets the players for his offense.

Do you think that's happening? To me it looks like Gute has a preferred type of WR and he's stocking up on them, rather than diversifying.

Don't know yet....playing catch up on restocking. Ask me after this draft.

That's fair. He's made two runs at Emmanuel Sanders but beyond that - MVS, EQ, Moore... he also made a go at Robbie Anderson. Mostly size/speed athletes rather than polished or competent route runners. Maybe he thinks Funchess has upside off the bargain bin but I don't love what I've seen from Gute re: playmakers so far. TT had a good eye for WR.

TT had a good eye for WR.

here is a list of every wide receiver drafted by ted thompson during his time as the gm for green bay.

terrence murphy, 2005 - 2nd rnd
craig bragg, 2005 - 6th rnd
greg jennings, 2006 - 2nd rnd
cory rodgers, 2006 - 4th rnd
james jones, 2007 - 3rd rnd
david clowney, 2007 - 5th rnd
jordy nelson, 2008 - 2nd rnd
brett swain, 2008 - 7th rnd
randall cobb, 2011 - 2nd rnd
charles johnson, 2013 - 7th rnd
kevin dorsey, 2013 - 7th rnd
davante adams, 2014 - 2nd rnd
jared abbrederis, 2014 - 5th rnd
jeff janis, 2014 - 7th rnd
trevor davis, 2016 - 5th rnd
deangelo yancey, 2017 - 5th rnd
malachi dupre, 2017 - 7th rnd

james jones is kinda iffy, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. 5 out of 18 isn't what i would call a good eye.

Back