Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
on a completely different topic: it's kind of interesting that there were 14 qbs taken in that 2005 draft. the first one at #1 and the second one at #24. only one other first round pick was jason campbell, who was taken at #25. have to wonder if washington would have taken rodgers if the packers did not. anyway, you have to go all the way to the 6th round to find the next future pro bowl qb - derek anderson. then in the 7th round you had matt cassell and ryan fitzpatrick. three really good qbs in the 6th and 7th rounds. and a lotta nuthin in between. the highlight was the bears taking kyle orton in the 4th.

in the first 15 picks of the first round of that draft, there were only four teams that did not select a future pro-bowler: da bears, the buccaneers, the vikings, and the lions. hurray for the central division. (yes, i do know the central division ceased to exist prior to this draft)
And if Spears was still on the board who knows what happens then. Even Brandt has written they were taking trade calls up until the last minute. How things would have been so much different.

on a completely different topic: it's kind of interesting that there were 14 qbs taken in that 2005 draft. the first one at #1 and the second one at #24. only one other first round pick was jason campbell, who was taken at #25. have to wonder if washington would have taken rodgers if the packers did not. anyway, you have to go all the way to the 6th round to find the next future pro bowl qb - derek anderson. then in the 7th round you had matt cassell and ryan fitzpatrick. three really good qbs in the 6th and 7th rounds. and a lotta nuthin in between. the highlight was the bears taking kyle orton in the 4th.

in the first 15 picks of the first round of that draft, there were only four teams that did not select a future pro-bowler: da bears, the buccaneers, the vikings, and the lions. hurray for the central division. (yes, i do know the central division ceased to exist prior to this draft)
I think only other player still from that draft too still playing is Fitzpatrick right?

And if Spears was still on the board who knows what happens then. Even Brandt has written they were taking trade calls up until the last minute. How things would have been so much different.
But they said it would have taken a lot to move out as Ted was going to take Rodgers it was not just give us anything we want out.

well, that was thompson, not wolf. and my thought at the time was colored by the fact that favre had been waffling about retirement (definitely not saying he wanted to play into his 40s and retire a packer). so i thought it was a bold move and i liked the fact that we got the guy who many thought would go #1 and considered the best qb in the draft way down at the bottom of the first round. i do not consider it at all similar to using a first and a fourth to draft a qb that most people thought would be taken in the second round to sit on the bench for a few years.
Thing with Rodgers what he says and what he does are two different things. I just don't think he does play into his 40s I think his love of football is not that strong to make him want to play another 4-5 years.

But they said it would have taken a lot to move out as Ted was going to take Rodgers it was not just give us anything we want out.
Brandt has never said what would or would not move them out of that spot. What “a lot” is very subjective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back