The USFL Thread aka: It's a boring news night

USFL ratings dropped 54% in Week 2, with a four-game average of 659,250 viewers.

Fox, Saturday: 1.056M (Pittsburgh/Philadelphia)
NBCm Sunday : 812K (New Orleans/Tampa Bay)
I said as games went by fans would tune out as novlety wore off

I said as games went by fans would tune out as novlety wore off
Well that’s been the recent trend with XFL also but the percent drop is about 20% more than XFL that’s what has to be concerning. No home crowd also is a factor with no atmosphere. It’s like watching a scrimmage

No home crowd also is a factor with no atmosphere. It’s like watching a scrimmage
i have to admit that i did not realize that all the games were being played in one place until you posted that the other day. how can a team possibly build hometown support if they are perpetually playing on the road? weird decision on the part of the league.

i have to admit that i did not realize that all the games were being played in one place until you posted that the other day. how can a team possibly build hometown support if they are perpetually playing on the road? weird decision on the part of the league.
Has to be financial. Multiple stadium leases plus staffing is not cheap.

I have to laugh. Playing all the games in Birmingham Alabama. The Houston Gamblers are actually "Team #3, USFL, Birmingham, AL) I'll bet the jerseys are just being ripped off the shelves by hungry fans in Houston. LOL

Well that’s been the recent trend with XFL also but the percent drop is about 20% more than XFL that’s what has to be concerning. No home crowd also is a factor with no atmosphere. It’s like watching a scrimmage
No league is every going to take off it will always be likely a failure

I have to laugh. Playing all the games in Birmingham Alabama. The Houston Gamblers are actually "Team #3, USFL, Birmingham, AL) I'll bet the jerseys are just being ripped off the shelves by hungry fans in Houston. LOL
Lucky the players don't have to rent their jerseys LOL

If ratings are poor I wonder if FOX just says screw it take the loss and write it off and kill the league.

Back