The USFL Thread aka: It's a boring news night

This would be like keeping the G-league on Network tv for NBA

Not if their business model works.
But we have seen XFL fail twice and USFL now going downhill quick ratings. People just don't care about semi-pro football on TV

People need to get outside and do things, go to a store, go out to eat, visit friends, do something other than sit in front of the freaking tube on weekends. Too many couch potatoes. Of course that low number in the 18-59 age bracket does say their audience is not them, doesn't it?

People need to get outside and do things, go to a store, go out to eat, visit friends, do something other than sit in front of the freaking tube on weekends. Too many couch potatoes. Of course that low number in the 18-59 age bracket does say their audience is not them, doesn't it?
Ironically the 18-49 number in week 1 was above expectations. The number itself is not the thing I would be concerned of, it’s the large drop from week 1. Maybe semantics but it still beat anything on cable and NHL.

But we have seen XFL fail twice and USFL now going downhill quick ratings. People just don't care about semi-pro football on TV
It's got backing for at least 2 seasons maybe 3 and before you start the XFL was and is a cluster....... I know a bunch of folks watching it. Is it great? No, but it's football. People like me have zero to no interest in MLB and the NBA playoffs per se, as Pack has told you it fills a gap.

Last edited:
So many factors in play. #1 is seasonality , HUT levels (houses using televisions) are historically down in spring and summer. #2 MLB & NBA will dominate most large market numbers so will skew national numbers
USFL still topped NBC's Premier League telecast and both NBC & FOX's topped NHL on ABC. Are either going away do to ratings? No

Back