With Their first pick GB selects Jordan Love QB Utah State

GB to me says we dont think we can win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years so we are looking 3-4 years down the road. But even still Queen seems the guy who gives you better value now and maybe years down the road. Love makes zero sense to trade up to get him. GB must have been scared a team in the second round would have traded up to Seattle spot for him is my only thought. Love guy will need work will see how ML grooms him to fit his offense. Right now he's a big pile of raw clay useless to you if you need him at this moment but will see if ML is a good artist to mold him into a great finished product.

In an attempt to repeat lightning in a bottle, like the Thompson regime did, the Packers front office decided to grab a QB to replace someone who ain't ready to leave. I had a feeling they might do this, if the right guy was available, and I don't believe for a minute they've accomplished what they think they have.

We found out over the last few years that the major weaknesses on the team were exposed with someone else other than Rodgers under center, and if you want a QB to succeed, he needs a team that is capable of at least winning some games, without him. The Packers, to put it bluntly, without Rodgers, are pathetic.

I knew, for quite some time, that the Packers were going to do something totally irregular when they reached the draft. I think they really believe they can get a handful of plug and play guys in later rounds, even though the Elgton Jenkins picks are few and far between. Leaving Queen on the board may prove to be a bad move, but then again, GMs and HCs, have been known to spin the bottle, then watch everything they thought they were building, fall apart.

The first thing I thought about was how these guys think that last year was all their doing, and that Rodgers was more of a thorn in their side, than their future. They want their own entity, and it might not be what they want.

I think the words from the song; "When I ruled the world;" say it best.

One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand​

That could be the future of this new leadership. I'd hate to see it happen, because I thought they did a great job last year. I just see them wanting to put their own fingerprint on the team, not allow anyone from the past to be part of tomorrow.

It happens in this business. It's an ego thing more than anything else. They don't want anyone from the past to get credit for any part of what they do today.

@AdamSchefter
·
6m

Looking over pre-draft interview notes, and this sentence about where Utah St. QB Jordan Love would go jumped out: "I know that LaFleur would almost mandate his pick if it got to a certain point."

Jordan Love signs his autograph like a 13 year old girl.

94643675_10220410244913915_7984417861953126400_n.jpg

He's a long shot to be a difference maker QB..... if we all take the ggg( off this is a Mahomes wannabe type pick and boys and girls he's not that.... my god he's Gary Andersons QB people...yeah that Gary Anderson.

You wanna be upbeat about it great but there were at least 3 guys with better talent and a higher upside at QB on the board... putting $ on this one biting GB in the hinder.

With numbers 1 & 5 unofficially retired numbers by GB would leave 3,7,9 as open numbers for Love to pick from. Maybe he can be like the next Hundly and be #7

Back