With Their first pick GB selects Jordan Love QB Utah State

Will be interesting to see how Aaron handles this, since he was on the other side of this once. Does he act like Favre and go "I'm not paid to mentor a backup" and carry a grudge against the GM, or does he welcome Love as a teammate and act graciously and not like a d***?

I'm not worried about the Rodgers grudge factor. I'm pissed at the fact we drafted a guy who won't see the field for 2 or 3 years. This isn't the 90's or 2000's where qb's sit for years. You draft a qb to take advantage of the cheap years on his rookie deal.

I graded this pick on Love as an individual prospect, (way too soon to tell. He's another developmental guy).

You could/should grade Gute on his pick performance at the end of this draft, ask yourselves this has he improved the team sufficiently and for the right time window?

This pick has ML’s fingerprints all over it. The friction between ML and #12 was not something media created it was more real than we thought. The word culture was used a lot when ML got the gig and this is the next step to change that culture. The marriage cannot last longer than 1-2 more years. That is the clear message here. ML is playing with Fire. I would think 12 is not the only one in the locker room not thrilled this morning. I know we have 2 more days to get talent but this is not a move that screams we are only a piece or two away. As questionable as the pick itself is, the trade up is even more disturbing.

No WRs beyond Adams. No backup OT. No DE who can stop the run. No ILB who can cover. No decent. 3 CB but hey let's trade up for a guy who threw 17 interceptions last year and who's footwork is so messed up he makes most HS QB look technically sound ? Truly mind-boggling
In 2018 when he still had guys around him, he threw for 32 TDs and 6 INTs. Had a 124 QB rating. FWIW.

In 2018 when he still had guys around him, he threw for 32 TDs and 6 INTs. Had a 124 QB rating. FWIW.
He ran a spread system and has always has issues with progressions. He’s a project, not a guy who screams franchise QB

QBs picked in the first round by the Packers

1947: Ernie Case (6th overall)
1949: Stan Heath (5th)
1952: Babe Parilli (4th)
1959: Randy Duncan (1st)
1967: Don Horn (25th)
1972: Jerry Tagge (11th)
1981: Rich Campbell (6th)
2005: Aaron Rodgers (24th)
2020: Jordan Love (26th)

McGinn posts article saying Rodgers is mad Packers took a QB in first but Rob Demovsky saying McGinn was tricked as the site he sourced was a fake Rapport account.

Basically everything is playing out the same way it did with Favre...people wanted more weapons for Favre and the majority of the WRs in that range were busts. They got Jennings the next year and played in the NFC title game, should've played in the Super Bowl 2 years later.

I have no idea, I'm 99.9% sure this won't turn out as well as Rodgers and obviously it's even a stretch to think Love will turn out somewhat well...but I like the raw talent. I'll take this.

We lost by 1000 to the 49ers and weren't really as good of a team as our record last year, thousands of fans berated Rodgers' fading play last year...but now we were just a WR or (tiny) ILB away.

This isn't staunch support of the move and I'm shocked they did it but I'll also listen. Seems the team is more up in the air then we all thought. sh))

Back