With Their first pick GB selects Jordan Love QB Utah State

He's a long shot to be a difference maker QB..... if we all take the ggg( off this is a Mahomes wannabe type pick and boys and girls he's not that.... my god he's Gary Andersons QB people...yeah that Gary Anderson.

You wanna be upbeat about it great but there were at least 3 guys with better talent and a higher upside at QB on the board... putting $ on this one biting GB in the hinder.

I think you're being kind. Seriously! If they think for a heartbeat this kid is another Mahomes, they should be showed the door today, not down the road. There's absolutely no way this kid has the savvy that Patrick has on the field, and based on his track record of failing to see open receivers, and throwing late, he's going to have a rough go in the NFL. Then there's the other thing. He had a lot of seriously good receivers around him at U State. They played enough weaker teams that his stats stood out in those games. Games against teams like Stony Brook, Wake Forest, New Mexico, North Texas, Nevada/Las Vegas, and Air Force. They aren't that strong of a conference, and one of his "supporters" told me that their conference won a few bowl games this past year. So, I looked at their opponents. Ohio, and a list of mid to low in the pack schools in a variety of conferences.

I watch his highlights and I see a lot of receivers making catches on balls because they have talent, not because he threw a great pass. Watching them nab them and seeing they were a 7-6 team, made me ask one question. If he was great, why couldn't he carry them to a better season? Especially with the dogs in their conference.

Anyhow, I think they blew it. But, just my opinion.

Pete Prisco at CBS hates the move, so maybe we did something right afterall...

One underlying factor could have been that the 2021 class after Lawerence and Fields is at besr average. Next tier is North Dakota State's Trey Lance, Georgia's Jamie Newman, Texas A&M's Kellen Mond, Minnesota's Tanner Morgan, Mississippi State's K.J. Costello, Florida's Kyle Trask and Texas' Sam Ehlinger....not really exciting

I kinda like Costello, more a pro style guy. Wish he came out this year.

McGinn posts article saying Rodgers is mad Packers took a QB in first but Rob Demovsky saying McGinn was tricked as the site he sourced was a fake Rapport account.
Anyone see that tweet that supposedly was tweeted and deleted this past week? Maybe it was real after all. Anyone heard anything? I mean this situation is weird. Seems like there could be stuff going down anout which we are not aware.

received_308306533490877.jpeg

Anyone see that tweet that supposedly was tweeted and deleted this past week? Maybe it was real after all. Anyone heard anything? I mean this situation is weird. Seems like there could be stuff going down anout which we are not aware.

View attachment 170
Fake ...no chance in hell GB absorbs the dead cap hit

One underlying factor could have been that the 2021 class after Lawerence and Fields is at besr average. Next tier is North Dakota State's Trey Lance, Georgia's Jamie Newman, Texas A&M's Kellen Mond, Minnesota's Tanner Morgan, Mississippi State's K.J. Costello, Florida's Kyle Trask and Texas' Sam Ehlinger....not really exciting

I watched Ehlinger in HS, and at UT. He's not a bad QB, and could do some interesting things in the NFL, if given the chance to develop for up to 3 years under a coach who knows the value of learning. He was coached by the same guy who produced Brees, and Nick Foles. He thinks highly of Sam.

We'll see. But that's just one in that group. Not much next year.

I watched Ehlinger in HS, and at UT. He's not a bad QB, and could do some interesting things in the NFL, if given the chance to develop for up to 3 years under a coach who knows the value of learning. He was coached by the same guy who produced Brees, and Nick Foles. He thinks highly of Sam.

We'll see. But that's just one in that group. Not much next year.
Trask is the one I would pay attention to.

Back