With Their first pick GB selects Jordan Love QB Utah State

In 2018 when he still had guys around him, he threw for 32 TDs and 6 INTs. Had a 124 QB rating. FWIW.

Yes I've watched his 2018 highlight reel like everybody else but wasn't very impressed, I see that he has a big arm but not much else going for him. I was expecting more plays with his feet but he really doesn't seem like much of a runner and barely moves his feet at all actually, I'd like to see him take some snaps under center and what he does when his first guy isn't open. That's the problem with highlight videos, I'd rather have tape that shows his strengths as well as his weaknesses. Does him completing screen passes to a guy that gets a ton YAC for TD really highlight him? Gary Andersen is a spread style coach who has coached at Utah State before so its not like he got the rug totally pulled from under him with a new coach, he just couldn't perform.

I just don't like raw prospects that lack the mental aspect of the game, I value winning and performing well, I value the students of the game, Love is just not my kind of guy.

Don't know who this guy is but he does an interesting job of showing

. . .the good and bad of Jordan Love.

Nice video. Not for nothing but to me he looks like the "bad" version of Aaron Rodgers we've been seeing form 2015 on. If you're going to live and die with big plays and overthrows, you damn well better not be making mistakes and throwing picks.

I think he is more Byron Leftwich than Patrick Mahomes if you look at his rushing stats and lack of movement in the pocket, throwing off back foot, etc

So basically he can throw, we just need to teach him to play quarterback :confused:

Terrible mechanics (awful feet)
Doesn't seem too passionate or bright
Played against weak competition
Never took a snap from under center, nowhere close to a pro offense'

Okie dokie

I should know better, but how about this perspective:

The braintrust apparently thought a lot more of him than most of this forum. Yes, he is most definitely a project otherwise he would have gone much higher. When you take on a project you want the things that can't be coached already there, athletic ability and arm strength. He has these. His shortcomings are all things MLF must believe can be coached up. He doesn't have to play right away, Love is coming into a great situation for him. Any GM/HC coming in always want their own guy. Much like TT was hired to get us past the Favre era- Gute's job is to get us through the end of the Rodgers era.

Who would have been a difference maker at 26 in this draft? What ONE player was going to put us over the top? None. Picking that late in the draft it is extremely hard to find an impact player. For us to take another step forward with the team itself, Rodgers' play has to improve. Yes, we were 13-3 last year but it was a bitter pill to end it like it did. We gave Rodgers the benefit of the doubt, but he missed an awful lot of wide open WRs, he hung on to the ball way too much. His play was top half of the league, but his pay is top 5 and he did not earn that money based on last year. So....how to get more out of #12? Drafting his replacement should light a fire under his ass. I don't think Rodgers has played with a chip on his shoulder like he did earlier in his career, this should remedy that. I hope he is seriously pissed off and discovers that fire again. IF and that might be a big IF, he can do that; we'll see improvement on offense.

With the COVID thing, there is going to be little time for any rookies to learn and contribute this year. We have two day-two picks and I'm hoping for a couple of biggies, one OL and one DL. Go Pack.

last note: We traded up because MLF/BG wanted Love and he wasn't going to be there at #30, we had to get ahead of Seattle who probably (with history as a witness) had a deal with someone to trade out of their spot again. That's my thought filled opinion on why we traded up.

Good post Dubz. I will counter with this: you look around the league and organizations are taking the approach that you have a direction, you have a scheme, you build up the roster and the QB is part of the roster and scheme. Now look at GB - do we have an identity on offense? Do we have a stack of skill players on offense ready for a young QB? Does that young QB fit what we have been told the offensive identity will be?

This guy is raw and inconsistent. We have two years to develop him which is great but I am concerned they are going to be developing him in too much of a vacuum. I don't know what their vision is for the team, it just seems like a reach.

Human Movement Science is the study of how people move in different contexts and of the factors related to the analysis, improvement and recovery of physical activity. Focus is on issues encountered in physical activity in every-day life, related to work and free time, as well as recreational and top-level sports.

I move towards a bar. Learned it at 18. Before College.

I know highlight film isn't the best to watch. But that's what I gots to work with right now. After watching some more film, and listening to his interviews..... further thoughts:

1) He's not very well spoken. Was he known as a leader in college? I don't know much about him that way.
2) In his highlight film he was rarely under pressure. He had all day to throw. His OL was pretty good.
3) His WR were almost always wide open.

So how will he transfer to GB and the NFL when DEF are much quicker and his OL won't give him all day to stand there?

Was the drop in performance more indicative of his true ability when he isn't given all day and wide open WR to throw to? Can he actually throw a WR or RB open during a route? The highlights are almost always a WR just running straight up the field.

Lots of questions. What I saw was a kid with a big arm who was pretty quick. Ok, that's important. but what about the other stuff?

It is something like Brown University has here in RI for the sports program scholars.....like sea shell study. Only thing is Utah is not bordering a sea.

I'm trying to get my daughter to consider Brown for college when she gets there. Not for underwater basket weaving, er, movement science though.

Back