With Their first pick GB selects Jordan Love QB Utah State

Aaron Rodgers hasn’t wavered from his stance on how his time in Green Bay might end now that the Packers have drafted Jordan Love. “If I retire on the team’s timeline then all is well but if they’re looking to move on before I’m ready to be done playing, there’s an impasse at that point. … That’s what I said to you guys Day 1 when we [first] talked about it.”

Eeq_Zj4WoAEUPGi

Do you think the Chiefs might reconsider and give us Mahomes for Love? Maybe throw in a 4th round pick? OF course they'd eat all that front money for Mahomes.

What catches my eye is they consider Love the most physically gifted QB in the class.
Yes, he had a rocky 2019, but he had a new coach and offensive system to learn plus most all of his skill position weapons graduated.
Makes me think he just tried to put the whole thing on his shoulders and forced the issue.
Look at his 2018 stats and balance them against the 2019 stats.

Love has a super strong arm but his decision making is suspect at best. Needs to read the D better. This is a guy you need to sit for 2-3 years before you can have hoped to mold him into a starting quality QB. Usually you don't want 2-3 year projects in the 1st round.

Love has a super strong arm but his decision making is suspect at best. Needs to read the D better. This is a guy you need to sit for 2-3 years before you can have hoped to mold him into a starting quality QB. Usually you don't want 2-3 year projects in the 1st round.
in realty not one QB drafted should play in year one, economics dictate that they do, not talent. I am not a fan of Love but a guy named Rodgers sat also and it payed dividends. I would love to see all QB's sit 2 years to be honest

Lombardi very rarely let a first or second year player take the field. He believed that you learn, and gain strength, then you get to play. He wanted to know every player on the field knew what everyone else's assignment was, so they knew how they were to react under various conditions that presented themselves.

Today's game is fast, and complex, so sitting and learning creates good habits, not bad.

Back