Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

It's very possible the Packers are going to tell Rodgers that they're going to look at Love as the starter in camp. They might throw that out there, to get him into camp, or make the decision he wants out, and will accept a favorable trade in his eyes, or retire.

That would be their way of saying it was his decision.
Good point, and could happen around early June.

Never went through one, but I've seen the results. Divorces can be messy.

McGinn:​

Why the Packers will move on from Aaron Rodgers​

Can't disagree with any of that. Is it conjecture more than fact? Probably, but that's okay. There were times last year you could see the frustration from everyone about Rodgers. Guys are going to say all the right things -- no one wants to burn that bridge -- but it's past time to move on. If it all works out well, Love is ready to show the faith the coaches and FO have put in him. And who knows? Maybe Love is a guy who took this long to be ready as a starting QB. I'll be happy if in his first year as a starter he wins more games than he loses.

Can't disagree with any of that. Is it conjecture more than fact? Probably, but that's okay. There were times last year you could see the frustration from everyone about Rodgers. Guys are going to say all the right things -- no one wants to burn that bridge -- but it's past time to move on. If it all works out well, Love is ready to show the faith the coaches and FO have put in him. And who knows? Maybe Love is a guy who took this long to be ready as a starting QB. I'll be happy if in his first year as a starter he wins more games than he loses.
It would be a huge indictment of Rodgers if Love takes over essentially the same roster (- a few guys, + some continuity on the OL) and they finish above .500

I just look at Mahomes having all his new WR down in Texas working with them on his own. This led to an MVP season and a title with almost all new WR.

And what was AR doing? Back packing and chomping on mushrooms.

I just look at Mahomes having all his new WR down in Texas working with them on his own. This led to an MVP season and a title with almost all new WR.

And what was AR doing? Back packing and chomping on mushrooms.
Heck Rodgers was to lazy to show up to OTA's and work with his new WR's. But then he will yell and scream at his WR's when they run the wrong route.

I’m willing to bet they would cause Love would run the system not fight it…
ML built his system around #12 I wonder how much of it is the true system ML would want to run if he could change it under #10.

Back