Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rodgers doesn't report, and the Packers can try and get back some money, they should if:

• He gets traded from Green Bay;
  • He holds out into the season.
It is a business. Decisions have consequences. If he holds out into the season, he won't be very good for us so, up his.

If Rodgers doesn't report, and the Packers can try and get back some money, they should if:

• He gets traded from Green Bay;
  • He holds out into the season.
It is a business. Decisions have consequences. If he holds out into the season, he won't be very good for us so, up his.
If they trade him they can't get any money back from him. Only way they can get money back is if he would hold out into the season. Then GB would have the choice to seek some pro-rated SB back and the roster bonus for this year back

The way Rodgers is handling this is going to be an issue when it comes time for the new contract with the union, and the NFL. The owners are going to do their damnedest to put players in a trick bag to insure this crap doesn't happen during the next term of contracts.

The way Rodgers is handling this is going to be an issue when it comes time for the new contract with the union, and the NFL. The owners are going to do their damnedest to put players in a trick bag to insure this crap doesn't happen during the next term of contracts.
Owners and players will only care how much $$$ they get in their pockets at next CBA IMO.

There is not much they can do. They can go after the SB and fine him but beyond that don’t know.

I've said all along that I don't think Rodgers has the balls to really go scorched earth and force his way out. The fact that he has yet to even go on the record and make it clear that he will never play for the Packers again is indicative to me that he's holding onto plausible deniability for a return in the fall. "I never said that..." is an easy way to deflect the press.

He'll show up after preseason game 3 and spew a bunch of BS about them "working through" it, while trying to work an agreement for a trade after the season. Will he be motivated to win etc, hell if I know but this whole thing didn't really help his public perception nor did it help the Packers front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back