Badger QB Preview

I don't think the Badgers have ever really been good recruiters. I think they've done everything they can to turn what's considered moderate talent into cohesive teams. That's not all bad, but it doesn't win the largest prize of all. It just keeps you ahead of the curve.

When I looked at why Saeed Khalif left the Badger program, and how delicately he handled stating the problem, I thought it would be wake up call, but it wasn't.

Anyhow, until there's some losing years in almost every sport, I don't seeing anything changes. Even the increases in the recruiting budget were nominal, and I'd bet temporary. They'll end up saying it doesn't help get the better players on board.

I don't think the Badgers have ever really been good recruiters. I think they've done everything they can to turn what's considered moderate talent into cohesive teams. That's not all bad, but it doesn't win the largest prize of all. It just keeps you ahead of the curve.

When I looked at why Saeed Khalif left the Badger program, and how delicately he handled stating the problem, I thought it would be wake up call, but it wasn't.

Anyhow, until there's some losing years in almost every sport, I don't seeing anything changes. Even the increases in the recruiting budget were nominal, and I'd bet temporary. They'll end up saying it doesn't help get the better players on board.
And I can group 90% of P5 schools in the same category. Wisconsin in itself is a unique sell to kids, as Mark has eloquently said many times it’s an acquired taste.

The Alvarez culture is still in Madison and McIntosh was the easy choice to maintain it. Iowa is no different either and probably the best correlation. It still will come down to resources and the administration willing to be more “flexible”.

Michigan, OSU , PSU have such an advantage with their recruiting footprint that the pure numbers work in their favor. For better or worse the Wisconsin brand has been actually very successful both in football and hoops. I know the arguments about no nattys or deep NCAA hoops runs, but Iowa, Indiana, Purdue and anyone not named OSU have not won either.

And the majority of OL recruits prior to the last 4-5 years were not 4-5 star kids either. Mostly 3. Remember Jon Taylor was a 3 star kid when he committed. Stars are so damn subjective
Yeah but look at UW they always settle for 2nd best

And if you question this staff well did you question Alvarez’s recruiting or BB’s? It was no different.
Same recuriting has been going on for last 30 years Barry has passed it onl down the line to everyone

You can offer anyone you want but got to be real to know who you can get
Actually they do. In comparison to other programs they just don’t throw crap against the wall and hope it sticks
369E4F5D-C0AA-4FA3-8414-E15CF2BAD5ED.jpeg369E4F5D-C0AA-4FA3-8414-E15CF2BAD5ED.jpeg

Back