June 8th Mandatory OTA begins

Watching him in college, he never had a problem making these throws. You see tight window throws and accurate drops in the bucket up and down the field. His problem has been decision making and reads - not knowing where the open guy is going to be and attempting a harder throw, or not reading the D and knowing that a LB is in perfect position to undercut what he thinks is an open window. I'm glad to see him get the reps, Im glad to see him making these throws and adding some excitement to the field - that'll be big for the locker room. But really, I want to see him in pre-season reps against another defense.

Keep in mind in a perfect world in this offense they want him in play-action rolling out and going over the top. Take the top off the D and let the run game get you there with a few free shots. That's the plan.
While I get your point the spread crap he ran at Utah state and this offense are not comparable.

Keep in mind in a perfect world in this offense they want him in play-action rolling out and going over the top. Take the top off the D and let the run game get you there with a few free shots. That's the plan.
While I get your point the spread crap he ran at Utah state and this offense are not comparable.
But But I thought Anderson was a great coach! :)

But But I thought Anderson was a great coach! :)
Anderson shouldn't have been rehired by anyone as a HC coach after the Wisconsin and Oregan State debacles, mind you Love is far far from perfect and I will stand my ground that he was a 2nd or 3rd round prospect... but he's not a scab player...straight up don't think he's elite either but yes you can make him work.

Anderson shouldn't have been rehired by anyone as a HC coach after the Wisconsin and Oregan State debacles, mind you Love is far far from perfect and I will stand my ground that he was a 2nd or 3rd round prospect... but he's not a scab player...straight up don't think he's elite either but yes you can make him work.
I think that's part of why the ML hire was so good. You don't need an Arod type elite to win with his system. If Love has the drive to study lots of film and improve decision making GB can win with him.

I think that's part of why the ML hire was so good. You don't need an Arod type elite to win with his system. If Love has the drive to study lots of film and improve decision making GB can win with him.
Yep as long as Love does not make the stupid throws to much and turns it over in his or the opposing team's red zone he should be ok. Run game will likely handle bulk of it.

Good coaching here....and make no mistake he's a good coach:

I totally agree that ML is the right man for this job, is a helluva coach, and I can't wait to see him develop this QB and this team, during this time of adversity.

I remember something Lombardi said, about Hornung. "The guy practices like he don't know what a football is. But when the game starts, he's one of the best players on the field."

That statement plays both ways. In the process, we can't call anyone a bust over a few practices, even a few preseason games, and even a single season of play as a starter. The whole package, of who a player becomes, develops over a period of time.

Bart Starr sat, and learned. Lombardi had a difficult choice. He said so. Would he choose McCann, or Starr? He chose Starr because he thought he was a better student of the game. Today's game, Gary. He looked like a stumble bum for over a year, then the lights came on, and he understood the NFL game, and his role in it. What he showed last year "could be," there's no guarantees, the beginning of a career where he becomes an outstanding player.

I'm not impressed by Love, but more than willing to give him a chance at the job, if Rodgers doesn't return.

I worked with people in the real world who left their jobs for greener pastures. Some left happily, others not so much. But, they did leave. Some were sent packing. I left. Once I was sent packing. It's all part of work.

Tomorrow, the sun comes up, and the Packers will have some new names on the roster. I've been watching this happen for about 70 years, and you can only guess how many players I've seen come in as young players, and leave. Some were good, some weren't, and some leave you with lasting memories, whether they're good or bad. But above all, the faces change, but the team is still the Green Bay Packers, and every year, they field a team. I root for that team. But I reserve the right to complain about the product I buy, the same as I would about a bad bottle of milk, or a moldy loaf of bread.

Back