Post game: Detroit defeats Green Bay 20-16

It’s talent. This has been a flawed team since week 1. It’s just not that talented
Respectfully disagree.

The Lions are not across the board more talented. For nothing but pride, they all played hard together and smacked the Pack in the mouth.

The Pack with everything to play for played with NO HEART, no focus, and without their brains - especially at crucial moments in the game.

This isn't the first time. It's every damn time.

Respectfully disagree.

The Lions are not across the board more talented. For nothing but pride, they all played hard together and smacked the Pack in the mouth.

The Pack with everything to play for played with NO HEART, no focus, and without their brains - especially at crucial moments in the game.

This isn't the first time. It's every damn time.
Detroit OL is probably the best in the league. They ran for 104 GB ? 103. The difference? QB play and to be more specific WR Play especially 18, 13 and 87 who were pedestrian. Let me add red zone efficiencies.

I think he genuinely regrets what he did, and he’s said more than this about it. That said, a 1-2 game suspension is probably on the table and not out of line either.

39721FA1-ACFF-4169-87DA-EE4B849F23EF.jpeg

I think he genuinely regrets what he did, and he’s said more than this about it. That said, a 1-2 game suspension is probably on the table and not out of line either.

View attachment 666
He should have learned from his last debacle. I know he young and “emotional” but this cannot be a continuous issue. That Wyatt bumped the guy is troubling also. Add in Douglass gaff and it’s now just not isolated

Hopefully, the most effective remedy for hubris in the NFL is thorough exposure, the kind that leaves a team no choice but to reevaluate the path that led it to a certain point. In that case, maybe the Packers will be cured of their affliction thanks to a season-ending loss on a prime-time stage that may come to be the end of an era.

Take your pick of moments in Sunday night’s Packers-Lions game, one that should have given Green Bay a manageable path to the postseason, seeing as the Lions already knew at kickoff they had nothing to play for but the chance to embarrass a division rival. Will anything click?
• How about the sight of Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn wiggle-shuffling down the sideline, celebrating a first down as if he was leading a conga processional at a best friend’s wedding?

• How about the sight of Lions running back Jamaal Williams thrusting in the end zone en route to breaking Barry Sanders’s single-season franchise record with 17 rushing touchdowns?

• How about the sight of Packers coach Matt LaFleur trying to pump up a crowd on the Packers’ final relevant defensive play of the game—the second fourth-down conversion the Lions made in as many drives—and getting the kind of muted response an aging rock star receives when he tells the audience he’s going to try out some new stuff?
This wasn’t just a loss. In the fourth quarter, it was an almost-scripted, theatrical lampooning of one franchise by another.

It’s easy in a moment like this to point the entirety of the finger at someone like linebacker Quay Walker, who was ejected from Sunday-night’s game for shoving a member of the Lions’ medical team, a moment that truly seemed to sink the Packers from an emotional standpoint and suck all the frozen air out of Lambeau Field. There is no easier analysis to be had than picking apart a singular moment that was so obviously objectionable and mindless. But Green Bay should be interested in the processes in place that preceded that moment, both immediately and in the long term. Watch other games with similar stakes, like the Titans-Jaguars game the night before, and see a good defense self-policing, ejecting its coworkers from a self-sabotaging situation like a presidential bodyguard. At Lambeau on Sunday, we actually saw a second Packers defender, Devonte Wyatt, take a swipe at the unpadded, helmetless Lions trainer, who just seemed to be trying to work his way into the scrum to do his job. The Packers are lucky they didn’t have to suffer the mortification of having both of their 2022 first-round picks bounced on the same play. This was the second time this year Walker was ejected, by the way. A player hasn’t had a pair of those in a single season since 1994, according to Football Zebras.

It’s easy to point the entirety of the finger at someone like Aaron Rodgers who, by virtue of being the veteran heart and soul of this team, carries some responsibility for Green Bay’s collective ethos and preparedness. Regardless of whether he’s coming back for 2023, and regardless of whether that uncertainty had anything to do with the endless display of disjointed offensive performances, this general staleness was allowed to exist and linger for the better part of 18 weeks without any meaningful transformation. The Packers won only a handful of games at the end of the season because of a massive turnover windfall that granted them a favorable number of extra possessions, as we wrote when they kept their season alive in Week 17. As a result, they are looking at the future of a division that no longer has to take them so seriously. This Lions team that beat them in the season finale, should it retain the best parts of a talented coaching staff, will also come back in 2023 with a healthy Jameson Williams for a majority of the season, and can add two more top-20 picks in the fold. The Bears team Green Bay was able to haughtily poke fun at for the better part of the decade just locked up the No. 1 pick in the draft and is preparing to build its team in a responsible way, loaded with capital.

In each of the last three years before 2022, the Packers amassed sizable regular-season win totals only to be gutted in the playoffs. This year, they weren’t even able to manage that. Perhaps ’23 is the year they’ll realize they weren’t as good as they imagined. As much as that hurts now, it could come in handy if they want to maximize whatever is left of this team.

The lack of leadership has been evident for awhile. And I don’t buy the “Arod isn’t that kind of leader” BS by virtue of your salary you are that kind of leader. Sorry, if you can’t lead your team to a win at home with the playoffs at stake then you don’t deserve that salary.

The Packers could have had this same season at a fraction of the cost with Love. And I’d be willing to bet Love wins this game. Yes I said that. But even in limited action I see more fight and more emotion out of Love. Talent doesn’t mean squat without passion, Fire, and leadership.

I will also throw some of that at ML and his staff. If you can’t get your team playing all out in a game like this you have to question your leadership strategy.

The Packers have been mentally weak for a few years and it shows in big moments. I care not for how you can beat up on inferior opponents during the reg season to pad the stats for an MVP… when it counts this team folds faster than Superman on laundry day…

There are some good young players on this team. And to be honest I think Love is the better option moving forward.

Back