Post game: Detroit defeats Green Bay 20-16

For the first time in twenty years, I don’t feel like we’re a piece or two away, at the most. They don’t pay me to make these decisions for a good reason, but I’m down for an organizational shift. I know that having a physical identity does not exactly guarantee anyone a title (Rams and Bengals last year are pretty strong examples of the finesse approach), but I’m ready for a defense and ground/play action approach.

We play outside, and we always will, and we need to stop acting like that doesn’t matter. If that means we shake up the whole show, then I’m at peace with that. All eras end.

The offense can’t be torn in two directions any longer. They can’t try to gameplan to be both more and less QB dependent at the same time. Tried it for 4 seasons now. Got 2 MVPs and a bunch of duds in must win games to show for it. That’s the book, it’s been written, there is no point trying to do it again.

Here it is, Packers best stretch of the season. Do you think Jordan Love can give you this? I know what I think, what does everyone else here think? If the answer is yes then this is not even a topic for debate.

View attachment 663
Maybe it was all precipitated by the loss of Hackett, that offensive genius?:p

In all seriousness, holy hannah, rp. Those stats are definitely doable with Love at the helm. My only concern is if the team has the talent to compete at a high level. Something just felt way off this year.

For the first time in twenty years, I don’t feel like we’re a piece or two away, at the most. They don’t pay me to make these decisions for a good reason, but I’m down for an organizational shift. I know that having a physical identity does not exactly guarantee anyone a title (Rams and Bengals last year are pretty strong examples of the finesse approach), but I’m ready for a defense and ground/play action approach.

We play outside, and we always will, and we need to stop acting like that doesn’t matter. If that means we shake up the whole show, then I’m at peace with that. All eras end.
I agree with most except the Bengals being finesse. That team is tough on both sides of the ball and they are one team I would not want to face in the playoffs because of their physicality on both sides of the ball. Your other points are well taken and I have similar feelings. It just seems to me that the talent is lacking. Yes, they've drafted but have they drafted well? That's on talent eval and I don't know that it's been very good. Time will tell on some of the recent picks.

Call me an optimist, slander me with green and gold glasses, but I think they can get 5 TDs, 3 INT and 200 yards a game over a 5 game stretch from Jordan Love. That is not a high bar.
Considering who the competition was not sure. Also with 10 @ QB does he face the same defensive packages? While not a high bar many unknowns

The Packers are mentally and physically weak - really damn weak.

Teams blatantly say they are going to punch the Pack in the mouth cause they know the Pack will fold - and, they freakin' do.

That starts with coaching.

The Lions didn't have better players. They had more heart.
It’s talent. This has been a flawed team since week 1. It’s just not that talented

Considering who the competition was not sure. Also with 10 @ QB does he face the same defensive packages? While not a high bar many unknowns

And to add what Mark posted, we catch 50% of those 32 drops and AR has a 67% completion % for the year. They catch 75% of them and he has a 69% completion % for the year. That is dang good for a 39 year old QB and most likely there would be more yards and TD's.

I am not saying this to make AR look better because I think it's time for him to retire. It is time to move on. I just think we all need to look at every aspect here. Players, front office, coaching staff, etc. There are a lot more issues here then just having Love step in.

And to add what Mark posted, we catch 50% of those 32 drops and AR has a 67% completion % for the year. They catch 75% of them and he has a 69% completion % for the year. That is dang good for a 39 year old QB and most likely there would be more yards and TD's.

I am not saying this to make AR look better because I think it's time for him to retire. It is time to move on. I just think we all need to look at every aspect here. Players, front office, coaching staff, etc. There are a lot more issues here then just having Love step in.
The FO is what it it. It’s not going anywhere unfortunately. Talent on offense is average, defense has some pieces. Staff ? Defense yes

Back