Post game: Niners beat Packers 13-10

That's why I didn't say Favre moved the chains.

But, I think Favre spread it around more
Favre locked in on Freeman & Sharpe his entire career. He also had TE who bailed him out

Favre locked in on Freeman & Sharpe his entire career. He also had TE who bailed him out
Agree on Sharpe, less on Freeman.

And, damn it sucks we haven't been able to find a sure thing move the chains tight end who can stay on the field

I said this back during week 1, and I think it proved to be one of the biggest reasons for the Packers’ downfall last night. It wasn’t a team, but instead a collection of individuals. Maybe that’s on MLF. Maybe not. But it’s time to start over fresh and healthy.

It came down to four plays:
1) Blocked punt

2) Blocked field goal - I rewatched it this morning and the 49ers had six rushers left of the snapper and the Packers only had four blockers. Before the timeout they had the same thing, and the only adjustment the Packers made was to have Davis and Lancaster swap sides. The Packers didn't move a lineman over to that side in the timeout and still had four blockers to six rushers - the other side had three rushers (the other two defenders were off the LOS) and four blockers. That if anything is grounds for firing the special teams coordinator.

3) Lewis' fumble - big momentum shift, the 49ers were on their heels

4) Aaron Jones not going out of bounds on the 75-yard pass play at the end of the first half. For some reason he runs at the defender trying to juke him when the defender is still 10 yards away and gets tackled in-bounds. If he runs full-tilt down the sidelines he goes out of bounds around the 10-yard line and the clock will stop with 26 seconds left and they don't have to use their last timeout. With 26 seconds and a timeout they have three shots at the end zone for a TD from the 10-yard line; with a TO left they can even try a short play to get inside the 5 and have two plays from short yardage for a TD. I might even put this at #3 ahead of Lewis' fumble.

I said this back during week 1, and I think it proved to be one of the biggest reasons for the Packers’ downfall last night. It wasn’t a team, but instead a collection of individuals. Maybe that’s on MLF. Maybe not. But it’s time to start over fresh and healthy.
This.....

The def played as a team.. the offense didnt...

Again, stop putting it all on ML, Gute is the bigger issue as is Murphy. GB fanbase is too blind on that fact.
Gute brought in Rasul. Devendra Campbell. Amos, the Smiths. He's looking pretty fucking good, imo. Drafted Gary, Dillon, etc.

Gute brought in Rasul. Devendra Campbell. Amos, the Smiths. He's looking pretty fucking good, imo. Drafted Gary, Dillon, etc.
How many SB does he have??.... don't give me that other BS It's about winning championships.... he has zero. Mic drop

Then by that logic, it's not on AR either. If ML hasn't had the talent, then AR hasn't had the talent either. I like ML. Think it was a great hire, but a week off, 1 seed, at home, in January, and your offense scores 10 points to a Cali team. The buck has to stop somewhere with that on field play. Again, if it's front office issues, which I agree it is, as far as talent acquisition and scouting, then this song will be sung after each year as it has been for decades. The TT way of doing things is alive and kicking. Until that changes, we're in for the same results year after year.
Aaron does too much coke before these games and starts hurling it, scrambling to the right. That ends now.

How many SB does he have??.... don't give me that other BS It's about winning championships.... he has zero. Mic drop
He's had what, four years on the job? Four years pissed away by the QB.

Back