Post game: Niners beat Packers 13-10

After a bad loss like yesterday the first reaction is to find the convenient target. Gute, AR, Murphy, coaching, and on and on. It's a bad mixture of the whole bunch.

Take special teams for example. It's the crappy coaching . . . no, it's the roster and Gute. Truth is, it's both. We are the #32 ranked special teams. Is that because we have absolutely the worst roster from spots 23-45? I highly doubt it. Was it a lack of talent that had only 10 men on the field for the 9ers winning field goal? No, that's a lack of attention to detail by the person(s) in charge (i.e. coaches).

In the end you can't fix it all perfectly. Very few teams (if any) have had the perfect blend of all the elements - front office, roster depth, star players, coaching and locker room leadership. They need find a way to fix what they can and the BOD needs to intervene if they think Murphy/Gute are not capable of doing that. I have my doubts about this group but remain hopeful.

Cap will go up, they'll rework some contracts. It's not in the top 10 of my worries. Bring back Mercilus. Hopefully they can fit Zadarius too.
Z Smith I think is out for sure if they keep any of the Smith it will be Preston.

Cap will go up, they'll rework some contracts. It's not in the top 10 of my worries. Bring back Mercilus. Hopefully they can fit Zadarius too.
The cap is up and we are significantly over even without factoring in Adams. Sorry it’s math

"If Aaron Rodgers retires and Davante Adams walks, Green Bay would head into March nearly capped out with only these players on the roster at QB/WR/TE: QB: Jordan Love WR: Amari Rodgers TE: Josiah Deguara End of list." @iankenyonNFL

That's how bad Gutey as screwed GB
Murphy’s blood is all over this. It started with rework of Rodgers deal, overpaid King and arguably Jones and Bak. It’s not a simple fix

Rodgers has always had relied to much much on Adams and any other WR that's his 1. He never trusts other guys and will only use them if forced to.

Is Bortles available? What's his contract with New Orleans? Nab him as a backup. Maybe Foles or Dalton. Lock or Bridgewater.

Is Bortles available? What's his contract with New Orleans? Nab him as a backup. Maybe Foles or Dalton. Lock or Bridgewater.
Grabbing Bortles may not be a bad idea. Veteran backup to help Love..

The issue is Rodgers (again) didn’t execute in a playoff game. Rodgers is not going through his progressions and/or taking what the defense gives him. MLF set up the framework for Rodgers to succeed, which he has in the regular season. For whatever reason the offense has failed in the playoffs. A leopard can’t change his spots.

Is it worth having Rodgers in GB for one or two more seasons? I don’t know. MLF wants him back ( what else was he supposed to say).

When healthy we still have a good core of players: O line, secondary, RB,s are excellent. Clark and Gary are outstanding. Rodgers and Adams need nothing said. The salary cap will force some tough cuts.

Maybe we can make another run with some creative cap management, player development, and hit on some cheap FA’s again.

We are all frustrated with another underperforming effort in the playoffs. Has the window closed and is it time to rebuild? I’m leaning towards yes.

Back