Post Game Thread: GB defeats TN 40-14

It’s not just the QB’s that get affected by those wintery elements.
Plus, consider how Favre looked in the cold of the 2007 NFCC game against the NYG’s and project that onto (even older) Brady and Brees.
Sure if it’s -5 yeah it an advantage. But 35 and sunny who knows. I said it in the home field thread. If Mother Nature puts snow and single digits on the table it’s an advantage. If not all bets are off

Okay! We all have our opinion on weather conditions, and home advantage. Let's not lose this thread to an argument. I'm afraid I'm responsible for it going here when I mentioned Rodgers' ability to throw under adverse conditions was different than anyone I've seen.

Back to the real issue. The team played pretty darned good last night, with just a few glitches in their play. They seem to be reaching their peak at about the right time. This could be a surprise run to the big prize.

Just for reference, the last 7 weeks this team has looked very good but not great with the exception of Chicago and maybe Philadelphia and yes last night. Go back 9 and weeks we lost to Minnesota and blew out SF. So while last night was impressive and applauded, it’s a one week snapshot. Now build on it next week and have some momentum

Okay! We all have our opinion on weather conditions, and home advantage. Let's not lose this thread to an argument. I'm afraid I'm responsible for it going here when I mentioned Rodgers' ability to throw under adverse conditions was different than anyone I've seen.

Back to the real issue. The team played pretty darned good last night, with just a few glitches in their play. They seem to be reaching their peak at about the right time. This could be a surprise run to the big prize.
I hope one game and reaching a peak will not get lost in the bigger picture. Last week was far from peak performance and before that the only one that fits the complete game mold is Chicago. Last night was encouraging no doubt about it but Tennessee is not the 95 Bears on defense. My bigger tip of the hat it to the defense. Gary is really playing well and the secondary is more than Alexander

I hope one game and reaching a peak will not get lost in the bigger picture. Last week was far from peak performance and before that the only one that fits the complete game mold is Chicago. Last night was encouraging no doubt about it but Tennessee is not the 95 Bears on defense. My bigger tip of the hat it to the defense. Gary is really playing well and the secondary is more than Alexander
Feels like the secondary has broken up more passes in the last few weeks than they had in the first 10 games.

Gary is really playing well and the secondary is more than Alexander

yes. alexander, amos and savage are all playing well. i wish king would get his $#!+ together.

and pff has gary ranked as 11th out of 120 eligible edge rushers in terms of pass rush productivity, which is an efficiency metric that measures the rate at which a pass-rusher generates a pressure and is weighted more heavily towards sacks.

also krys barnes is looking like one of the ilbs that we needed. what an undrafted gem he's turned out to be.

and of course there's the smith brothers and clark.

this is not a defense that is devoid of talent.

yes. alexander, amos and savage are all playing well. i wish king would get his $#!+ together.

and pff has gary ranked as 11th out of 120 eligible edge rushers in terms of pass rush productivity, which is an efficiency metric that measures the rate at which a pass-rusher generates a pressure and is weighted more heavily towards sacks.

also krys barnes is looking like one of the ilbs that we needed. what an undrafted gem he's turned out to be.

and of course there's the smith brothers and clark.

this is not a defense that is devoid of talent.
Well not a fan of PFF but do agree Gary has played well. He’s more consistent. Void of talent no, but only 2 playmakers are Z Smith and Alexander....maybe Clark

Back