Post Game Washington upsets Green bay 23-21

When more than 1 'anonymous' source says there's a problem I'll agree that there's a problem.

Right now I think there's a lot of guys trying to figure out how to snap out of this funk. I think there's a lot of mental stuff that is screwing with everyone.

This Sunday they start catching passes and at least get in the way of rushers, the offense will turn into sift jelly which will be like a super rebar concrete reinforced backbone for this team and they will start turning it around.

There's been a problem in the locker room for two years now. The Rodgers soap opera has fueled too much of it. At this point, the atmosphere is not conducive to winning games, and it probably won't change until there's a lot of overhauls made, and it might even mean on the sidelines and front office, not just the field.

We can speculate on it all we want, but the last three games are not an anomaly, they represent a reality.

The last 3 games no, probably the 1st seven weeks has given us a glimpse of what many of has feared for years.
  • Father Time is undefeated. You have a 38 year old QB soon to be 39 that seems to physically hit a wall. In hindsight it was a mistake to extend him but arguably he gave us the best chance to win now. He’s also not the same mentally, happens when you realize you are not 30 anymore and can’t perform at an elite level
  • The FO did nothing to build both depth and fill holes at WR when it was apparent both were clear needs. Scouting dept is also inept
  • They gambled money on a LT which handcuffed the FO from a cap perspective and then presto he get injured and again not optimal for a 31 year old LT.
  • Savage was a mistake to give a 5th year. Enough said
  • The DC is an issue, this has been discussed more than once. Again enough said
A perfect storm. Aging QB, lack of overall talent, zero depth, contract blunders , an inept FO and scouting department. The last three years of 39-9 blinded many to think there was one more run in this group. But the reality is that many fans, media and even players oversold this roster and now it’s getting clearer each week that we are who we are

The last 3 games no, probably the 1st seven weeks has given us a glimpse of what many of has feared for years.
  • Father Time is undefeated. You have a 38 year old QB soon to be 39 that seems to physically hit a wall. In hindsight it was a mistake to extend him but arguably he gave us the best chance to win now. He’s also not the same mentally, happens when you realize you are not 30 anymore and can’t perform at an elite level
  • The FO did nothing to build both depth and fill holes at WR when it was apparent both were clear needs. Scouting dept is also inept
  • They gambled money on a LT which handcuffed the FO from a cap perspective and then presto he get injured and again not optimal for a 31 year old LT.
  • Savage was a mistake to give a 5th year. Enough said
  • The DC is an issue, this has been discussed more than once. Again enough said
A perfect storm. Aging QB, lack of overall talent, zero depth, contract blunders , an inept FO and scouting department. The last three years of 39-9 blinded many to think there was one more run in this group. But the reality is that many fans, media and even players oversold this roster and now it’s getting clearer each week that we are who we are
Agree with all of that except I do take issue with the Bakhtiari signing. He was All-Pro and did not have chronic issues when they gave him that deal. It's always a risk signing players to huge money but I don't think the team did anything wrong there at all, it's just rotten luck and it sucks for both the team AND the player.

I also look at the compounding of draft errors. We see the lack of depth but how did it happen? Oren Burks (gone), Jordan Love (bench), Darnell Savage (about to be gone) and Amari Rodgers (about to be benched) were all trade ups that cost additional mid round picks. That's at least 4 additional cracks at players who could be starters or key depth wasted on players who (outside of Love, TBD), didn't work out. Can't build a roster that way.

Agree with all of that except I do take issue with the Bakhtiari signing. He was All-Pro and did not have chronic issues when they gave him that deal. It's always a risk signing players to huge money but I don't think the team did anything wrong there at all, it's just rotten luck and it sucks for both the team AND the player.

I also look at the compounding of draft errors. We see the lack of depth but how did it happen? Oren Burks (gone), Jordan Love (bench), Darnell Savage (about to be gone) and Amari Rodgers (about to be benched) were all trade ups that cost additional mid round picks. That's at least 4 additional cracks at players who could be starters or key depth wasted on players who (outside of Love, TBD), didn't work out. Can't build a roster that way.
That’s fair. Just don’t know if $61m at signing was justified. And with structure they are not going to see much if any relief until 2024.

That’s fair. Just don’t know if $61m at signing was justified. And with structure they are not going to see much if any relief until 2024.
I am more upset with the Savage 5th year. Bak at time was best tackle in game when he got the deal. Savage at his best was just an average starter. In no way did he earn a 5th year contract. This FO has not shown it can manage it's cap very well and how it's set up nothing is going to change as you have Murphy, Gute, Ball in place for at least 3 more years

I am more upset with the Savage 5th year. Bak at time was best tackle in game when he got the deal. Savage at his best was just an average starter. In no way did he earn a 5th year contract. This FO has not shown it can manage it's cap very well and how it's set up nothing is going to change as you have Murphy, Gute, Ball in place for at least 3 more years
My issue with the Bak contract was the $61m at signing and structure. Not signing him

My issue with the Bak contract was the $61m at signing and structure. Not signing him
He was going to be a FA and at time him being best player in game he had the leverage to get that because if GBP did not pay another team would. Only thing that sucks is timing. Had GB waited 2 months to talk to him on a new deal he never gets it.

He was going to be a FA and at time him being best player in game he had the leverage to get that because if GBP did not pay another team would. Only thing that sucks is timing. Had GB waited 2 months to talk to him on a new deal he never gets it.
The best player in the game is a bit of a reach. Sure he’s outstanding but the highest paid OL in NFL history? He had leverage but GB blinked

Back