Big 10 Expansion Rumor #438

IF you add all four of those schools, you've sewed up the entire West Coast, and created a base of 6 teams with limited travel requirements during a season. Lots of logistics reasons it's workable. As far as financial, that whole West Coast market, as far as viewers, is huge.

From what I gather, about 40% of the US population lives on the two coasts, whereas only 60% lives on the other 75-80% of the land. There's a reason for those marketing moves.

Next? More East Coast inclusion, Carolinas and/or Florida (?), and a move into Texas as well. The SEC and Big 10 are planning on running college football.

Maybe a little smoke after all to FSU leaving the ACC?

Maybe a little smoke after all to FSU leaving the ACC?

FSU and Clemson our going into the SEC, that's pretty much a done deal. Follow the $$

I see both FSU and Clemson going to the SEC. The Big 10 will retaliate, by bringing in at least Washington and Oregon. Probably also Cal and Stanford.

I don't think it ends there, for either conference. They're gonna pretty much be on a level of their own.

So will the ACC be the next power 5 to be stripped down in the next 5 years you just have the B1G and SEC as the two power conf? As I saw one person joke you will have the the Southern Conferdiate Colleges and the Northern Union Colleges

The PAC-12 doesn't have a confirmed media package at this time, and I wonder what they'll get, considering that they lose two of their top draws in one year. Then there's the uncertainty of retaining Washington and Oregon, and probably the thoughts in the back of the media's minds that Cal and Stanford could jump ship too. It has to be unsettling for the media, and even worse for the schools.

My guess is that if any media source does sign with the PAC-12, there will be guarantees that nobody else jumps ship after this coming season. There's no way they'll pay an arm and leg for a conference that's stripped of it's glamor teams.

Eventually, the Big 10 is going to have to make additional moves, if they want to stay ahead of the game. The SEC will wield more power than they have, and it won't be acceptable. Both conferences want to be king of the hill.

Soon it will be the Blue Conference against the Gray Conference with the Championships fought at the Super Sports Complex built around Appomatox Courthouse
m1RZEJd.png

Back