Big 10 Expansion Rumor #438

I think it's going to come down to the Big 10 offering a little more in revenue. My guess is they'll finalize the direction they go in just a couple of days.

I think it's going to come down to the Big 10 offering a little more in revenue. My guess is they'll finalize the direction they go in just a couple of days.
When USC and UCLA joined Oregon and Washington wanted to join but B1G said not interested at the time. Maybe a lowball offer is still a sign they really don't want them still.

I think they're out....it wasn't the $$. By staying in their conference they have an easier road to the expanded playoffs thus they're going to make more $ in the long run from TV rights etc. At least that's the reasoning I read in the LA Times

I think they're out....it wasn't the $$. By staying in their conference they have an easier road to the expanded playoffs thus they're going to make more $ in the long run from TV rights etc. At least that's the reasoning I read in the LA Times
That makes sense. We'll know soon.

And after some more talking....change of plans. Washington and Oregon are in the Big Ten joining USC and UCLA. Big Ten gets the LA, Seattle and Portland TV markets.

So does Cal and Stanford get invites next or does B1G pass on them?

So now have I guess were the 4 West coast teams will have like 4 home games on a road vs the other teams in the Big Ten who will have likely 2 back to back west coast games were they can stay on the coast for those 2 weeks. Then those west coast teams have like a 4 game trip in big ten country were they don't have to travel as much.

And after some more talking....change of plans. Washington and Oregon are in the Big Ten joining USC and UCLA. Big Ten gets the LA, Seattle and Portland TV markets.
I think they're waffling on it has to do with the bucks they'll get coming in, and the threshold on how their membership goes up to equal partners, or something of that nature.

The PAC-12 has been doomed since USC and UCLA decided to join the Big 10. The biggest question is which of the two "major-major" conferences, Big 10, or SEC, is going to take the populations on.

I still think there's more to come to be honest. I just can't believe it's going to end at this point.

PAC-12 could possibly down to 4 teams in 2024. MWC has a $32 million buyout per team if any team tries to leave before the 2025 season.

Fans of Oregon State, Washington State, Cal, and Stanford can't be happy as it looks like they could be left of the realignment dance.

Back