Big 10 Expansion Rumor #438

It's really sounding like this is mostly a done deal with Oregon and Washington. Sounds like they are coming in initially with a lesser take of the pot, not sure how long that lasts.

I know they are getting rid of East and West, but it could be argued that overall, the west is now stronger than the east other than the very top. The West would be USC, UCLA, Oregon, Wash, Nebraska, Minny, Wisconsin, Iowa, Ill/NW. The East would be OSU, Mich, MichSt, PSU, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Purdue, Ill/NW.

They won't stop here either, they will keep looking at Notre Dame, FSU, Clemson, maybe a couple of others.

It's really sounding like this is mostly a done deal with Oregon and Washington. Sounds like they are coming in initially with a lesser take of the pot, not sure how long that lasts.

I know they are getting rid of East and West, but it could be argued that overall, the west is now stronger than the east other than the very top. The West would be USC, UCLA, Oregon, Wash, Nebraska, Minny, Wisconsin, Iowa, Ill/NW. The East would be OSU, Mich, MichSt, PSU, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Purdue, Ill/NW.

They won't stop here either, they will keep looking at Notre Dame, FSU, Clemson, maybe a couple of others.
ACC would be earliest 2029 as grant of rights is locked in until TV deal expires.

ACC would be earliest 2029 as grant of rights is locked in until TV deal expires.

That's what we keep hearing, but FSU says it is exploring the language in the contract to see if there is a way out. I'm not so sure there isn't some way to pay their way out at less than the numbers being quoted. Maybe FSU's exploration is worthless, but I guess we'll see.

That's what we keep hearing, but FSU says it is exploring the language in the contract to see if there is a way out. I'm not so sure there isn't some way to pay their way out at less than the numbers being quoted. Maybe FSU's exploration is worthless, but I guess we'll see.
They are hoping for the FL Supreme court to step in and throw out the contract. It's a long shot.

@PeteThamel
·
1h
Sources: Both Utah and Arizona State have applied for formal membership to the Big 12 Conference, and there’s a call tonight with the Big 12's presidents and chancellors to discuss their membership. Arizona applied and was approved yesterday.

So article on ESPN brought up good point these schools left in Pac-12 no matter what are not going to get money they were getting anymore on a TV deal. Likely there will be budget cuts and a number of sports will have to be cut. What ESPN did not say is that scholarships will be lost and kids will likely have to leave school without them. Feel for this kids who are going to end up with the short end of the stick.

18 team big ten you now need to go to a 3 game non-conference schedule and 9 game in conference

18 team big ten you now need to go to a 3 game non-conference schedule and 9 game in conference
If you split the conference in half, that would be 9 teams in each half. You could play everyone in your half once, and have 4 games left. I wonder how many would be against the other half of the conference?

I think they're going to have to split the conference, even if they don't really want to do it.

So article on ESPN brought up good point these schools left in Pac-12 no matter what are not going to get money they were getting anymore on a TV deal. Likely there will be budget cuts and a number of sports will have to be cut. What ESPN did not say is that scholarships will be lost and kids will likely have to leave school without them. Feel for this kids who are going to end up with the short end of the stick.
they got 30 million for the first 2 years...they made 20 million in the PAC-12. So that's a big nope on the ESPN article. When they get full share it's over 40 thus the reason they left.

FOR GBP4>>> VET YOUR SOURCES

Just how much more money would they make? The Pac-12 is estimated to make around $20 million per year with, per school with the Apple deal while having a chance for more money based off subscriptions. Whereas Big Ten schools will receive a minimum of $50 million a year with games appearing on CBS, Fox and NBC. Whether or not the four schools would get as much as the other Big Ten programs right away is a question, but it'd still be more money and stability.

Back