BadgerMens BB Thread 2023/24

Deja vu. If I recall correctly, this happened last year, and has happened quite often over the last several years. It's like they totally lose confidence in themselves, and the coaching staff can't get them back on track.
Again, I could not watch the game because I don't have B1G, but from what I read, Bucky was beating Michigan by going inside and then stopped and fell apart.

Not good. Rutgers steamrolled the Badgers. It reminds me of the tumbles we've seen way too often. Let's hope they can right this ship. It's not a bad team. They've done a good job recruiting, but losing 4 in a row is not a thing you do right after you reach #6 in the nation.

I know. Rutgers got "hot." The Badgers did not play bad defense, but their offense was putrid. Essegian led them off the bench with 15. We only had 7 assists, to 18 for Rutgers. That tells me weren't finding guys driving to the bucket, nor dishing out for 3s off drives. You can't win in the Big 10 if you can't get clean shots.

The announcers commented that Kamari McGee, and John Blackwell being out injured had a big effect. I'd buy that except Essegian outplayed what we would have expected out of both. He's been languishing on the bench, down to #3 or #4 in the rotation. Gard has indicated that his defense sucks. Not certain I agree with that to be honest, but it's Gard's call, and I think he should be out there more. Just my opinion.

Hepburn needs to drive the lane more. He just plain doesn't seem to like doing it. It's not so he can score, specifically, but because there should be some looks for passes to Wahl and Crowl, as well as kick outs for three. Yet, here we are, and it's not happening.

Hope things change quick. Watching what was a really promising season returning to that level of 10th best in the Big 10.

It's make or break for Bucky tonight. Hope they pull their heads out but doubt they will

It's make or break for Bucky tonight. Hope they pull their heads out but doubt they will
I agree. They need to get it together and move forward. They have it in them, they just need to have the confidence, and being coached up to the challenge.

So Bucky plays tough and hard tonight and beats Ohio State. It sure as hell wasn't pretty, I don't think it would have beaten a lot of teams, but Ohio State was horrible, so a win is a win. What looked like a charmed year has turned into a challenge. Hopefully, Bucky is up to the challenge.

Early part of the season there was easy offense for Bucky and so at times I think they got a little sloppy and aa little lazy on defense. Now the offense is hard so they need to turn up the intensity on defense. They were still a little sloppy on offense and that needs to stop.

Back