Post Game Green Bay beats Dallas in OT 31-28

When you're two scores down, going into the 4th, and you come back and win it, you did something right. Especially if the team you beat isn't a doormat.

Not a perfect game, but they did send Watson deep, stuck with the run, and the defense played opportunistic ball, laying on the routes they knew the Cowboys would use. One of the better game plans I've seen all year.

Well, that was a complete surprise. There was no reason to think that this week was the week they would finally put it together. Love it when a team pulls off a game like that.

The weird thing is, they still did some of the same bad stuff. Amari Rodgers just needs to never return punts again. The defense still can't stop the run (not a good thing with Tennessee coming to town in 4 days). The o-line was better, but still isn't playing to it's previously shown abilities. Oh, and what the hell was that at the end of regulation. Was that horrible use of the clock and play-calling on ML, AR or ??? That was a total screw up.

OK, got the crappy part out of the way. The positives fortunately out-weighed the negatives. Rudy Ford was much better than Savage at safety and Savage was actually useful playing the slot - those need to be their permanent roles, and not just in nickel. Nixon is hopefully the new, permanent punt returner. Rodgers finally realized he can't just ignore their best weapon in the passing game because of a drop or two. They stuck with the run even when they were behind. The o-line finally played their best 5 in their best spots for a whole game and they started to look better. Hopefully they can continue to gel and improve as a unit.

Maybe this was something they can build on. It'd be nice if they could beat Tennessee on Thursday before that trip to Philly. Still, if they can continue to do some of the positive things going forward they might manage a near .500 record by the end of the season. Hell, with a bad as the NFC looks, 9-8 might get you into the playoffs - though 9 wins looks like a long-shot right now.

Nice write up @57packer. Spot on about continuing to go to Watson despite the growing pains. Also, down 14 in 4th, they stayed with the run game and it paid dividends. They didn't panic and start slinging it on all downs. They played with focused urgency. Until that last series that AR reemed out ML. That was clock mismanagement and not playing to win, rather for OT, which worked out. My point is that the offense was humming at that point and I thought they would be in hurry up for a possible 3 to end the game.

I hope they keep putting Watson in positions to succeed based on what his grasp is of the offense at this point in his rookie year. I think that will help this offense and now, teams will pay if they don't account for him in certain packages.

How can you review jsut admit he sucks and he's done

@RobDemovsky
·
12h

Matt LaFleur said they will evaluate whether to stick with Keisean Nixon as the punt returner after another Amari Rodgers' fumble.

He completely lost his shit on that 3rd and 3, frankly he could have run for the first if he wanted to. Instead he threw it away and went ballistic at ML
The clock management on that drive left a bit to be desired. Jones got tackled with 55 seconds left on 2nd down and they did not call TO #2 until :30 seconds left. And this below

The clock management on that drive left a bit to be desired. Jones got tackled with 55 seconds left on 2nd down and they did not call TO #2 until :30 seconds left. And this below

That's what I mentioned above. The offense was humming at that point and I thought they would continue to try and get into FG range. The clock management was either mishandled or they simply decided to play for OT.

That's what I mentioned above. The offense was humming at that point and I thought they would continue to try and get into FG range. The clock management was either mishandled or they simply decided to play for OT.
If they decided to play for OT with that field post that’s a big issue. The ball was on the 42, 2 TO left. You don’t let 25 seconds run off in that situation.

If they decided to play for OT with that field post that’s a big issue. The ball was on the 42, 2 TO left. You don’t let 25 seconds run off in that situation.
I agree. That whole last drive before OT was MMesque with the clock mismanagement. They looked lost. No urgency as time ticked off.

It was a head scratcher and I have no idea why they didn’t push for the win there, I’m just talking about AR’s reaction coming off the field. He actually had room to run for the first on 3rd down there and I think he threw it away out of spite, he was livid.

Back