Post Game Washington upsets Green bay 23-21

The objective now is to make it through the season, and start finding ways to dump huge contracts, and get something out of it, for doing it. We're going to need a few draft picks to build through the draft, and to use as trade chips.
And then we have to hope that this front office is adept enough to add the talent

And then we have to hope that this front office is adept enough to add the talent.
Glad to have Gutey. Dude went out and got the Smith brother, Amos and what's his name, Billy Turner. Hit on all of them. Rasul Douglas off Zona's scrap heap. Bunch of other guys too.

Maybe he'll find a player like that who can run the correct play and hang onto the ball. Maybe with deep speed. WR is the only place we are thin, imo.

This is not a contending team. The defense is above-average but soft. The offense is a train wreck and I have no confidence they know how to fix it. We have a hard time getting one first down, let alone stringing together 5 or 6 in a successful drive. We were given 3 penalties on our last TD drive or we wouldn't have scored.

The special teams might be better than last year but that's a pretty low bar. There's nothing that this team has shown me that says we're getting better. The same problems occur every week and every week they say they're going to fix them. We might get lucky and have a fortunate penalty called that gives us a lucky win, but we haven't shown that we can win without that.

I can't fathom how the Packers only ran the ball 12 damn times yesterday in that game....Redskins spent most of the game in cover 2 with only 7 in the box and the Packers tried throwing 35 times into it and got killed in time of possession, wearing out their defense once again.

I think Dillon is a bad fit in a system that that runs most of its plays out of the shotgun and has so much RPO built into it. He'd be better off in an I-formation, single back set, or even pistol set where it's more of a power running, downhill game plan. Frankly the O-line and overall offensive personnel would probably be better to set up in more power formations with two TEs and two receivers - go run heavy and rely on play action to get receivers open.

I'm guessing too much of this past offseason was spent trying to figure out personnel groupings to get both Dillon and Jones on the field together or be interchangeable parts of the offense instead of designing varied personnel groupings to compliment each back individually when they were on the field - and it's turned the running game into being an afterthought and the passing game into what looks like a D3 college spread scheme.

I can't fathom how the Packers only ran the ball 12 damn times yesterday in that game....Redskins spent most of the game in cover 2 with only 7 in the box and the Packers tried throwing 35 times into it and got killed in time of possession, wearing out their defense once again.

I think Dillon is a bad fit in a system that that runs most of its plays out of the shotgun and has so much RPO built into it. He'd be better off in an I-formation, single back set, or even pistol set where it's more of a power running, downhill game plan. Frankly the O-line and overall offensive personnel would probably be better to set up in more power formations with two TEs and two receivers - go run heavy and rely on play action to get receivers open.

I'm guessing too much of this past off season was spent trying to figure out personnel groupings to get both Dillon and Jones on the field together or be interchangeable parts of the offense instead of designing varied personnel groupings to compliment each back individually when they were on the field - and it's turned the running game into being an afterthought and the passing game into what looks like a D3 college spread scheme.
Dillon is a great fit for the type of offense Lafleur wants to run. Aaron Rodgers isn't.

Dillon is a great fit for the type of offense Lafleur wants to run. Aaron Rodgers isn't.
Agreed - and I think that's a big part of why the offense seems so disjointed so far this season...it's like Rodgers forgot about the last two regular seasons of offensive production simply because Adams isn't in Green Bay anymore. That despite the fact the Packer offense played just fine in games without Adams the previous few seasons.

One thing I really, really miss from the early McCarthy years on offense is how many different personnel groupings he'd send out during the course of a game, and have some really innovative playcalls from that to pick on a specific defender or area of the field they identified as a weak spot using different skill position players - it kept those Packer teams from being predictable, and also allowed a talented QB like Rodgers (who was still learning defenses) make plays on his own when things broke down/scramble drill. Rodgers isn't that guy anymore with a bit more limited mobility and a receiving corps that isn't nearly as experienced with what to do when a play breaks down. I think this Packers' offensive roster and MLF could do alot of the same things those 2009-2011 Packers teams did with varying personnel packages and having their personnel dictate what a defense can or can't do - but too much of the offense looks like Rodgers making changes at the line from predictable formations with receivers who aren't on the same page as #12 behind an O-line that just isn't playing well.

So we all can agree that the game was brutal to watch as a Packer fan.

But it was also overall brutal to watch... The officials weren't horrid on flags, but my goodness they were s.....l......o.......w....

And the pair calling the game was trash. Maybe they had mic issues? But early in the game there were long gaps with no one talking...but that was actually better than when they did talk. Lots of obvious incorrect analysis, calls, etc... Not quite Jerry Glanville bad, but easily matching Maddon/Summerall at the end of their careers.

Agreed - and I think that's a big part of why the offense seems so disjointed so far this season...it's like Rodgers forgot about the last two regular seasons of offensive production simply because Adams isn't in Green Bay anymore. That despite the fact the Packer offense played just fine in games without Adams the previous few seasons.

One thing I really, really miss from the early McCarthy years on offense is how many different personnel groupings he'd send out during the course of a game, and have some really innovative playcalls from that to pick on a specific defender or area of the field they identified as a weak spot using different skill position players - it kept those Packer teams from being predictable, and also allowed a talented QB like Rodgers (who was still learning defenses) make plays on his own when things broke down/scramble drill. Rodgers isn't that guy anymore with a bit more limited mobility and a receiving corps that isn't nearly as experienced with what to do when a play breaks down. I think this Packers' offensive roster and MLF could do alot of the same things those 2009-2011 Packers teams did with varying personnel packages and having their personnel dictate what a defense can or can't do - but too much of the offense looks like Rodgers making changes at the line from predictable formations with receivers who aren't on the same page as #12 behind an O-line that just isn't playing well.
I agree in theory but go look at what the roster looked like those years. GB doesn’t have half the talent those rosters did. Not sure this team could handle the logistics of all those groupings.

Back